6. No Homo Though

"I really don't wanna mess your pictures up

"I really don't wanna mess your pictures up." I let out, breaking the awkward silence as I walked through the forest with Andrew.

He glanced at me, moving his wide lensed glasses closer to his face as he smiled. "Don't even worry about how the pictures will turn out. Just look around and I'll take pictures of you."

"J-just look around?" I raised an eyebrow as he nodded. "Anywhere?"

He chuckled softly. "Yes, anywhere." Andrew all of a sudden stopped walking, birds chirping around us as wind gently brushed against our bodies. "This looks like an ideal place."

When we turned towards each other, I finally noticed how tall he was compared to me. "O-okay." I replied, trying my best to not look awkward. "Do you think you can talk to me while you take pictures, you know, just to not make it awkward." I added, anxiously biting my lip.

"Yea, sure." He nodded with a smirk, moving his camera closer to his eye as it pointed towards me. "Say, wenis." I rapidly choked on air.

"What?" I laughed loudly, hearing the camera click.

"Aww, look at your smile." He grinned widely as he showed me the picture, making me playfully nudge him. "You have such a baby face."

"I hate my smile." I threw the picture a dirty look, proceeding to focus on something else.

"You shouldn't, I think it's adorable." Andrew let out, preparing to take another picture as I felt my cheeks begin to slightly burn up.

After taking countless pictures, Andrew and I finally decided to go back to the camp as we watched the sun start to set.

"I really appreciate you letting me take pictures of you." Andrew spoke beside me as I looked down, hearing branches and leaves break beneath my feet. "You were pretty good for your first time."

Just before I could've responded, another voice quickly appeared from the distance. "Almost thought you were gonna take all day!" A tall boy with brown hair smiled, his dimples showing off as he quickly ran and kissed Andrew. "I missed you."

Oh.

The boy's hands snaked around Andrew as he responded. "Well I'm back. Just had to take pictures of one of the new guys for the camp year book." Andrew smiled, turning towards me. "Micah meet Leo, Leo meet Micah."

"What's up dude." Leo threw me a nod.

"H-hey." My voice came out quietly. "Well this was fun, thanks Andrew." I let out, rapidly turning away and proceeding to walk away as fast as possible.

I couldn't decide if I was bothered at all. My emotions were very conflicting to determine. Clearly I'm very inexperienced in human interactions because the way Andrew acted towards me made me think he was single.

Not that I'm not happy for him being with someone, but wow, I'm just shocked for some reason.

As I prepared to walk back to the cafeteria to check if Benny and Logan were there, sharp whispers being made in an alley in between cabins slowly caught my attention.