Distancing

Today I was about to cross a road and I knew cars were coming but this woman was just stood there making her dog sit down, so stood still thinking she saw a car coming. About 40 seconds later I realised she was training her dog so I just walked off feeling like an idiot.

_________________________________________________________

I open my eyes at the same time that Stefan does, but Rebekah does not realise I'm awake

"Oh, he lives." She says, glaring at Stefan. Technically, he doesn't live because he's already dead, eh, whatever floats her boat.

" What happened?" Stefan asks, rubbing his recently broken neck.

" You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quite the temper. The wolf, however, we have to keep sedating because he refuses to let me knock her out." She huffs, angrily.

"Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asks, his mind drifting off to Elena.

"You can stop playing dumb now. It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding. The question he wants to know is if Evie knows." Rebekah trails off, still unaware of my consciousness.

"I'm not hiding anything. I've done everything Klaus has asked me to." Stefan grunts, his eyes propelling to me as he pretends to think I'm still out.

" No, you just failed to mention that the doppelgänger's still alive" Barbie snaps.

"Where is Klaus now?" Stefan asks, glaring back at Rebekah.

"With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off." She's never even met Elena...

As Stefan dives at Rebekah, I quietly slip out of the truck going unnoticed, although I feel that Stefan knows.

_________________________________________________________

"Keep it up." Klaus says to what appears to be Dana as Chad stares at her desperately. What the Hell did I just walk into.

"Where's Stefan? What did you do to him? Wait, where's Evie?" She asks worriedly.

"Stefan's on a time out." Klaus begins, "Evie's" I walk angrily into the room, "Right here," he sighs.

I rush over to Elena and envelope her in my arms, receiving a hug back as Klaus sighs once again in annoyance. "Rebekah was supposed to sedate you." He groans.

"I guess she was slacking on the job then," I smirk remembering Stefan and Rebekah's conversation.

The doors open. Bonnie and Matt enter

" Bonnie, get out of here! " Elena yells out to her panicked.

"Evie?" Matt asks, oh, here we go.

Klaus rushes over to Bonnie.

"Klaus, please" I plead quietly.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started" He says, ignoring me, however, when he turns around, I can see the pained look on his face."Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight." Klaus says as he turns back towards Bonnie." I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?" He says in a lethal tone, causing me to shiver.