Falling hard and fast

#197 in Humor!!! Simply unbelievable!!!

Important authors note at the end of the chapter. Please read :)

************************************

Daisy

Silence.

Absolute silence was what occupied the seconds that passed after I did the stupidest thing I've ever done: confess my feelings to Hunter.

He finally recovers from the shock and fixes his intense stare on me.

"You like.......... Say that again" He says his voice taking on a very deep octave.

"It was a..... I didn't mean......I don't....... Fine. I like you. Go ahead and laugh it out" I answer worked up by the anticipation of his sure rejection.

His expression completely changes and he moves closer to me holding my face in both his hands. I melt into his touch instantly and unconsciously take a step closer to him; every single thought flying out of head. I sigh at how familiar yet so different his caress felt this time. His eyes becomes completely fixed on mine except for some occasional moments when his eyes flick to my lips.

"Daisy, I want ....." He begins to say before a voice that I have strongly come to dislike stops him from completing his sentence and thereby successfully ruins the moment.

"Hunter, what's taking you so long? The food is getting cold" Taylor sweetly says as if she doesn't notice what was going on making Hunter drop his hands from my face and take a step back.

For a few seconds, Hunter looks like he was about to tell her to excuse us but Kyle who haven't seen since camp ended came up to me smiling and wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Daisy, I've missed you" he whines placing his head on my shoulder all in front of Hunter: my crush.

As much as I had also missed him, I can't help but feel like smacking him for coming now of all times. Taylor comes up to Hunter's side and grips his arm to drag him away.

He stares at Kyle's arm around my waist one last time before following Taylor not bothering to shake off Taylor's arm.

I turn around glaring at Kyle and he raises both hands a little in surrender grinning sheepishly.

"What? I was just greeting you. Okay, I'm sorry?" He apologizes not sounding sorry at all.

"You're so dead" I threaten blankly and he moves back a little.

Minutes later, he succeeded in getting my forgiveness by promising to take me out for pizza tomorrow. We walk together to the cafeteria and I search for my friends with my eyes only for me to find them at the table where Hunter and his friends are.
I groan inwardly at my rotten luck nevertheless, I walk towards them with Kyle on my heels. There were four free seats left: one beside Taylor who was literally attached to Hunter by the hip, another one beside Blake who was too distracted talking to Bloom.

They seem pretty engrossed with each other smiling lazily. They both had been getting close after camp was over, when I and Chloe asked what was going on, she said they ran into each other in a park during the few weeks between camp and school resumption and according to her, they just hit it off as friends. She even went as far as to say he was her guy best friend. To be honest, I'm worried about her, she's practically hurting herself by spending time with a guy that doesn't see her as more than a friend and when I told her this, she said not to worry that her being Blake's friend means she gets to see a side of him that none of his conquest ever gets to see. She obviously prefers to have this than nothing with him.

The last two seats were beside each other and next to Chloe. I settle down on one of the two seats with my lunch trying my best not to glance at Hunter and what he was doing with Taylor. Kyle seats next to me and does not hesitate to join in the animated chatter going around the huge table.

I sneak a glance at Hunter and I see him sitting back his hands folded and his intense eyes on me. I hurriedly look down at my food and start to eat. Minutes later, I hear the sound of someone else joining the table and I pale at the new addition.

Eve.

She sits beside Blake and smiles at everyone. The guys exchange greeting and a few flirtatious comments with her. My head starts to ring with different ugly memories and I push away my food because it suddenly looked disgusting.

"Hey Daisy, it's been a while" she turns to me smiling sadistically at me. Her eyes reminding me of her father; the star of all my nightmares.

'Daddy, I want that necklace'

'Daisy, don't move'

'Let me tell you a story'

'And you took over making me a mere observer in my own game and story'

'You're all gonna die one by one, I'll make sure of it'

'Let go of my daughter, she hasn't done anything wrong!'

'Mum no! You can't leave me! Mum please!'

As the memories keep coming, I start to feel nauseated and I hurriedly stand up dumping my food and running out of the cafeteria into the girls bathroom.

Luckily, it was empty and I rush to one of the stalls desperately hurling everything I just ate. I feel a hand hold up my hair and after I was done, I turn to see my rescuer was Hunter.

His face was calm but I could see worry and concern in his eyes.
I go to the sink and wash my mouth before facing him.

"What're you doing in the girl's bathroom? You could get in so much trouble". I ask tired.

He walks up to me and turns my face up to meet his eyes.

"Daisy, what's wrong? You always black out or become sick when Eve is around" He asks his face no longer reflecting any calm but pure worry.

I feel my lips wobble at his obvious concern and he draws me into his chest embracing me in his arms. Against my better judgement, I start to sob into his chest at the pain I still feel at my loss. He rubs my back comfortingly and I bury my face into his chest definitely staining his shirt with tears.

When I finally calm down, he wipes my face with his hands and a feeling of déjà vu hits me. He has always managed to be right there for me when I need someone. Somehow, my heart swells with the amount of things I was feeling for him right now. I was falling fast and hard for him and there's a great probability that he won't be able to catch me. Despite knowing this, I still can't stop myself.

"You know I'm here if you want to talk right? And you can trust me to........."

"Her father killed my mum" I say the urge to tell him everything winning over.

"What?" He asks shocked.

"Yeah, And she was the reason" I state.

***************************

Don't you just love cliffhangers? :D

Hey guys, I've been thinking, I want to feature some reviews in my story description. So please, comment your honest review of my story here. Thanks.

Please remember to support me as an author by voting, commenting, sharing and following. I love you all like I love food 😍

Stay Awesome ^_^

                             Love, Yvonne.