[2] BAKUGOU

BAKUGOU, NEESAN

BAKUGOU, NEESAN

katsuki's eyes shine at the sight you, his beloved older sister who seems to be the most beautiful woman he has seenーwith your thick blonde hair and sharp red eyes being the most eye-catching characteristc of yours

katsuki's eyes shine at the sight you, his beloved older sister who seems to be the most beautiful woman he has seenwith your thick blonde hair and sharp red eyes being the most eye-catching characteristc of yours. he has seen few females as he is still four years old but you are one of the most beautiful woman he has seen.

he approaches you and thrusts his hands out. he furrows his eyebrows, focusing the newly-found quirk he has. and there it comes, a small spark but enough to make most children in awe.

your eyes widen, clapping your hands. "that was great, katsuki!" you exclaim. "your quirk is almost just like mine!"

and that's what he wants it to become. he wants to become like you, an aspiring pro-hero. he has heard of how you passed the entrance exam in yuuei and he can't help but feel more happy. his older sister, bakugō [name] is going to be one of the best heroes out there and that's exactly what he tells the loyal dark-haired friend of his.

"nēchan is so cool, isn't she?" katsuki brags with a toothy grin. "i wanna beat nēchan someday but i also want us to be partners as heroes! and then, after that, i'm gonna marry her!"

izuku frowns. "but isn't that bad? you guys are siblings, kacchan!" he protests.

there is a moment of silence before katsuki shakes his head. "nope! i'm still gonna marry nēchan!"

and that dream shatters when your body flies to the wall, shattering your bones almost immediately when you block the hit from katsuki. he sees your body, broken and bloodied. "nenēchan!" he screams but is held back by a pro-hero.

he doesn't remember what happens next but his mother cries because her daughter died. because they have no body left to bury. according to the heroes, because [name] was too persistent in protecting katsuki and fending off the powerful villain, her injuries worsened and led her to the gruesome state she is in.

and that day, katsuki questions himself. is he that weak that he needs to protected? he decides; he will get stronger so no one else has to protect him, because weaklings die, just like

"nēchan?"

many years in the future, katsuki sees you before him, clad in black and eyes almost apologetic. he sees you with your fingers wrapping around the innocent man. a force is taken from the surroundings, centering to the man's neck where you hold him. and all of the sudden, the force snaps and so does the man. in the outside, his body looks well but katsuki knows better. the insides of the man's neck is gruesome.

you turn your gaze to your younger brother and smile. "katsuki," you say, "do you like my new look?"

katsuki is motionless and is unable to do anything. there is all might to protect him and the students, the back-ups have arrived too but why does he feel sick to the bone? they are here to protect him why is he sporting that terrified look?

when you realize that katsuki has no plan in answering you, you scowl, eyes glinting in annoyance. "tch, pathetic," you hiss, "that is why i died, katsuki! because you're weak and you couldn't do any fucking thing to protect me. you let me die, katsuki. you're the reason why"

"bakugō," a voice interrupts, "let's go. the back-ups are here."

you send one last look at your brother and click your tongue. you hold out your arm, izuku immediately grabbing katsuki's arm to push him out of the way of your attack. katsuki persists though. he runs right to you, head on.

"nēchan!"

your look sends a shiver down katsuki's spine.

"sorry not sorry, katsuki."

and with the force circulating around katsuki's arm, his bones shatter when the force snaps. he screams.

he screams because he is happy to see you again. he screams because you look as beautiful as you were. he screams because he is weak. he screams because you blame him for your death. he screams because the supposedly heroine became a villain. he screams because his arm hurts.

he screams because the look you send him one last time proves that you are no longer brothers and sisters.

next time they see each other, one of them will die.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

     [edit, july 26]  i decided to write this note because i was absolutely tired of people commenting about 'sweet home alabama' and something relating to incest. so i wrote this, not in the hopes of implying that bakugou has incestous feelings for the reader who is currently her older sister. children can be naive and they have bouts of ridiculous ideas every now and then that stem from lack of knowledge. this is how i imagine the thought process went; bakugou loves his sister, you marry people you love, they get along with one another. that's it. the character, as a child, doesn't understand what 'being siblings' and 'being married' means so please, this is nothing incestous. i just wanted to emphasize how close bakugou and the reader is as siblings by using one of the many tv tropes about 'i wanna marry dad when i'm older' or 'i wanna marry (relative) when i'm older' because said relative/person close to them is, just as said, close to them and became a figure that embodies respect and love. that's all. thank you. i'm almost a year late explaining that scene with bakugou but here you go.