07 | Deal.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur.

In your desperation, you sure had asked Jimin to teach you, choosing to ignore his smug look afterwards. Of course, him being him, he'd played around a little about reconsidering his offer, but had ultimately agreed.

You weren't so sure now.

It was only later that you had realised that to teach someone to kiss, you had to kiss them, and you were new to this thing.

You definitely weren't ready to kiss Park Jimin.

But you kind of were.

The sort-of-friendly relationship you two had built up in the past few days seemed to evaporate, at least to you. You couldn't bear to look in the eye a guy whom you'd so casually asked to inform you of the ways to perfectly imitate the homonym of a gardening implement.

Even thinking about the word made you feel like cringing at your bad decisions, but what was done was done. Maybe one day you'd look back and laugh at this, but that day, sadly, hadn't arrived yet.

You weren't completely sure why you hadn't just told him that it was some practical joke or something. It could be that you were skeptical about how he would react or take it, but it wasn't that, you knew. It was probably that you low-key wanted to see how the whole thing played out—hey, everyone wants a story to tell.

Or live out.

So far, though, all it had resulted in was wicked looks in the rearview mirror and those infrequent moments when his hand would brush your side.

It was pretty awkward.

For you, of course.

We could DIY the whole thing. Yeah, your roommate was probably the most vague speaker around the place, but the slightly teasing edge to his voice hadn't exactly gone unnoticed. Teach you how to do things? How to be an expert at all things physical and emotional?

Teach you how to kiss?

That was simply impossible without demonstrations, and demonstrations like these undeniably required participation of two (or, well, more) parties.

And being such a virgin, you realised you weren't half sure about where this ordeal was going, but it was disturbing to even consider. This was an emergency, this was, all things considered, embarrassing. Kissing your roommate and expecting to live under the same roof as his attractive self for the rest of your stay? Yeah, sure.

Welcome to your life, you thought grimly.

|

Jimin noticed your nervousness, and it pleased him. He would deliberately brush his hand against yours when he was taking something from you, and made sure that his leg touched yours when you were sitting on the couch together.

It gave him immense pleasure to see you blush and shift awkwardly in your position whenever he did that.

To be honest, he wasn't sure why he'd agreed to help you. Maybe it was the little idea that he was actually helping you, but that wasn't it, he wasn't dumb. Jimin had seen the potential in you, the way you offered offhand comments that turned out to be pretty useful advice, the baffling amount of convincing excuses you could conjure at a moment's notice.

He needed someone like that. In case he ever needed to bail? His roommate. If he wanted to convince someone that he was trustworthy? His roommate. If he wanted to mess around with someone at will, with no strings attached? His roommate.