Teen Spirit

Important information insert here...

_______________________________________________________

Lucky for me, growing up I spent so much time staying at the Gilbert house, that I still have my own room here

Lucky for me, growing up I spent so much time staying at the Gilbert house, that I still have my own room here. I practically lived here, avoiding tea parties and 'lady like' stuff that my Mum hosted. The Gilbert's were awesome.

"Good morning." I hear Elena say from downstairs to Alaric, being my motivation to get up...

______________________________________

I sit on a deck chair, the wuthering heights in hand as Alaric trains Elena to fight.

" So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes," Alaric says, showing her the gist as I remove my swaggie cap, throwing it to the side.

"Easy enough," She says... Gosh she has no idea.

She tries but the stakes stay in the sleeve. She frowns in annoyance and confusion.

" That's weird. " Elena says, probably assuming that the stake launcher is faulty.

She tries again but to no avail.

" Must be jammed or something. " What did I say? Evie can see the future...

"You're not strong enough. Better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones."

" Thanks for not sugar-coating it." She says to him, sighing, she then looks at me, puzzled," Evie is thinner than me but she can do it?" She asks in confusion. My eyes flash amber and she nods in sudden realisation.

He takes something out of his bag and shows it to her as I count all of the Katherines. Earnshaw, Linton, Heathcliff, Petrova.

" You know what this is? " Alaric asks her, holding up an exact replica of the one that she threw in Elijah's face. Good times, good times.

" A vervain grenade. I've used one before" she states simply, probably picturing the event in her head.

"Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire," he says.

"You know." I begin."A surprise is not actually an element-"

"It was metaphorical Evie," Alaric says... As if I didn't already know, I guess some people's minds just aren't yet adapted to sarcasm.

He pulls the pin out of a grenade and throws it in Elena's hand.

"Surprise." He says as she throws it into the air quickly.

"What a waste of natural resources," I mutter under my breath.

"This isn't a joke to me, Ric" She angrily pulls the stake thing off of her arm. Mmm, I could kill for a steak right now.