CHAPTER 3: Guest Of Honour

ADRIAN

I had been up since four in the morning, working on a presentation and thinking about my recent argument with dad.

If only he tried to accept my point of view rather than imposing his vision for the company on me.

I leaned back in my chair and my thoughts went back to the girl I had yelled at.

Wanda?...Vanya?...Vivienne?

For some reason she looked familiar but I could swear I had never met her before.

I am usually pretty good with faces...

Arabella, my secretary knocked on the door,"Good evening, sir! Mr. Conner is here to see you."

"Send him in," I said.

Atleast something was looking up today.

Bryan Conner.

I sat beside him on the first day in middle school and we struck a conversation, becoming friends.

We even graduated from the same college and considering he was quite the genius, he was the first to get a placement here, at Greys & Co. and was now working as a project head. I, on the other hand, followed a much different route to my position.

"Someone has got a chip on his shoulder. Bad day?" He asked, running his hand through his messy, honey blond hair as he walked up to my table.

"Just worked up."

"Just that?"he arched an eyebrow as he slumped in the chair in front of me.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because you yelled at the girl who came for the meeting."

"She was late."

"I know but saying that the presentation was bad without even looking at it and then threatening to talk to Mr. Hudson, too harsh don't you think?"

"If she were my employee, I would fire her so it's nothing."

"Fire, huh? You got into a fight with your dad?"

"Wha-! I don't always fire people when I am pissed."

"And I don't work here," he passed me a mirthful smile.

"Fine. We had an argument. The usual him trying to make me do what he thinks is best," I surrendered,"Forget it."

"You both need to sit down and talk but knowing you both, it's never going to happen," he sighed," Anyways, where were you last night?"

"Arabella,"I smirked.

"The secretary? Fifth girl this month?"

"Fourth," I corrected him.

"You need to slow down."

"Of course you'd say that. When was the last time you were with a girl?"

"If your stupid blue eyes stop acting like magnets, I'll get one too," he rolled his eyes.

"Oh! come on. You are what? 5"11. Blond hair, brown eyes, you've got the looks. What you lack is skill," I smirked.

"What skill? All you ever do is send over a drink to the hottest chic in a bar and pass her a self-absorbed, I-am-too-good-for-you smirk and she's yours."

"Perfecting that so called self-bsorbed smirk requires work, okay?"

"Yeah, you must stand in front of the mirror and practice it every morning, right?"

"Don't you have work?" I chuckled.

"Yes, I do boss. See you later," Bryan said with a mock salute and then left to go back to his cabin.

I smiled as I went back to the presentation I was looking at.

Bryan was not just a friend, by now he was family.

There was a knock at my door, later that evening.

I looked up from my laptop,"Come in."

Arabella entered, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger, "Umm...I wanted to know if you had plans for tonight because..."

"We can't tonight."

She chuckled, blushing, "Don't be silly...Adrian. You promised to take me on a date tomorrow."

"I did? "

"Yes, when we were...last night, remember."

"Oh? Okay. What do you want right now?"

"Mr.Greys wants you to return home early today."

Was he not done yelling at me?

"And why does he want me to do that?"

"There are guests coming over, he said."

As if today wasn't tiring enough, I will have to sit through a meal, pretending to bother about what the guests have to say and that my dad and I are so close that we are practically hot glued together.

I left for home right after. As I entered, I saw William Hudson, a very influential man in the tech industry and dad's friend from his college days.

Mom was the first to notice me. She looked up from the girl she was speaking to and smiled, "There you are, Adrian. Come meet our guests. You have already met William and this is his daughter, Vanessa."

The brunette turned around to face me and I stood dead in my tracks.

She was the same girl from today's meeting!

That is why she looked familiar. She is William's daughter and a potential candidate for the CEO position at Hudson Enterprises.

A sly smile formed on her face, seeing the shock on my face.

She walked up to me and held her hand out,"Vanessa Catherine Hudson."

I quickly recover and reached out for her hand but before I could shake hands with her, she pulled hers back.

She smirked, whispering,"It looks like you are regretting cutting my intro short."

A/N: So here is the 3rd chapter and they finally meet in person as who they are.

Do tell how you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you guys😍😍