Chapter 29

It was surprising how Elijah's presence calmed her. For Grace it was the first night in three months that she slept halfway peacefully. Of course the faces of her victims and all the blood she spilled haunted her in her dreams, but it seemed like the suited Original was her anchor that helped her keeping the ghosts apart from the living. 

When she woke up, she looked in the mirror and saw that the certain 'glow' was back on her. Happiness was written all over her face. Being in love really changed a person. Grace knew that it was all damn complicated but when she saw him, the hope that everything could become better came back. In between all these twisted feelings, it sometimes felt so simple with Elijah. They cared deeply for each other. 

Quickly, she got dressed and without eating breakfast, she went out of the house, directed towards the grill. She wanted to grab some coffee before she would get to the Mikaelson estate. The only reason why she was eager to leave her home was that she didn't want her mood being ruined by Elena. 

As she walked on the sidewalk, she heard a car pulling up from behind her. It slowed when next to her. At first, she was suspicious as she didn't recognize the huge, black Porsche with an engine that sounded like it spilled dollar bills, but when the window rolled down and she saw the driver's face, she relaxed, a wide smile creeping up her face. 

Elijah returned it while he looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"Good morning, Miss Gilbert. Come in, we have work to do." 

She bit her lip as a joyful laugh threatened to escape from her lips. The young vampire had no idea what he wanted to do, so she thought a little bit of teasing would be alright.

"I'm told not to talk to strangers who want to lure me into their car. Especially if they're good looking." 

Grace leaned on the window. Her smile seemed to light up the whole town. Elijah was tempted to simply kiss those full lips that were waiting for only him. But it wasn't the right time for that. With her, he wanted it to be perfect. She deserved nothing less. 

"Well, am I a stranger?" 

He went in for the tease. It felt so natural between them. Like that hadn't just been apart for months. 

"No, but you're particularly good looking. And you're trying to lure me into your car." 

They both chuckled. 

"But I brought coffee. And a sandwich." 

He motioned for the two large cups in the middle of the car and the paper back on the passenger seat. Elijah had stood up early to make her breakfast, having guessed that she would come looking for him right after getting out of bed. He didn't want her to be hungry. 

"That, Mr Mikaelson, convinces me." 

She walked around the car and jumped inside. Even her long legs seemed too short for the massive, bulky car. The interior was rather luxury. It fitted its driver. 

"Hi." 

Grace said shyly and kissed him on his cheek. Those sparks that brought all this tension never seemed to cease. It was then when she realized that she even missed him in the short hours of the night. When she woke up, there was a split second where she was afraid that it all had been a dream and that he was still gone. 

Elijah stared at her and Grace considered a steamy make out session. The car definitely gave enough space for it, but she quickly threw the thought away. Not the right time. 

She leaned back into the comfortable seat and looked around. The engine started when Elijah's foot went off the break and the car started rolling again.