Chapter. T W E N T Y T H R E E

Jill Malik P

Jill Malik P.O.V

"So...How was the date?"

The moment I stepped out of my room to have breakfast, Reina started to interrogate me. I ignored her and made myself coffee and a sandwich. It was early in the morning and I have no idea where Reina get all her energy from.

"Hey!" I yelled when Reina grabbed the sandwich I just made. She smirked and took a big bite off it.

"So, are you going to spill?" she said, after she was done chewing. I rolled my eyes as I was grabbing a granola bar and apple.

I didn't had time to make myself another sandwich.

"It was fine."

"Just fine?" She stopped eating and looked disappointed up at me. "Was it that bad?"

"Rei, it was amazing okay. The best date I've ever been so far." I laughed, seeing the disappointed look on her face.

She threw the tablecloth at me and cursed. "You little bitch, I'm curious where did you guys went?"

"We went to Gallow Green. He rented the whole place only for us." I told her, glancing at the time on my phone.

I had to leave in five minutes, if I wanted to ditch traffic.

"Gallow Green?" she repeated, frowning. "Not Del Posto or Le Bernardin?"

I shook my head. "He had his reasons, anyway enough about me. What about you and Luca?"

She blushed when I mentioned Luca's name. "Luca has been amazing. He changed and he keeps surprising me every time."

"I'm glad you guys work things out, he's a really nice guy, he just made some...poor decisions in college."

"Yeah." Reina sighed. "I don't blame him. College was not really meant to be about serious relationships and all."

I nodded in agreement and picked up my bag from the kitchen table. "I need to go now, see you tonight."

"I'll have to work till late tonight. Don't wait for me." she said, as I waved her goodbye.

..........

I walked into my office and I was greeted by a shaking Claire. "Claire?" I walked over to her and the poor girl was shaking heavily. "What happened?"

"Xi-xi-ximena..." she managed to stutter out. Her hands were shaking and she looked like a mess.

"What happened with Ximena?"

Claire gulped, sadness visible in her eyes. "She broke up with him." she let out a cry and continued, "He cheated on her."

"Oh shit!"

I ran to Ximena's office and knocked on her door twice before entering in. She was holding her head in both her hands while sobbing hysterically. My heart started to ache when I saw the state she was in.