Chapter Two

I had a terrible nightmare last night. I was running through the cafeteria naked and everyone was laughing and filming me. But the worst part was the fact that it was going to be my reality at the end of the year.

Now that I was at school, and walking through the crowded hallways to my first class, my anxiety level was rising. All of these people were going to see me almost completely naked. Maybe if I just lied to Steph and Lisa and told them that the kisses happened they'd believe me and I wouldn't have to streak.

Although I could easily get away with that, it would eat me alive until I told them the truth and then I'd have to streak anyway. No use prolonging the inevitable longer than I had to, right?

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice the person in front of me in time to move out of their way, causing me to I collide with their chest. I really needed to stop doing that, my forehead couldn't handle any more damage, and neither could my ego.

"Do I have to kiss you now?" A deep familiar voice asked. Liam of course.

In that moment I also realized that his arms were around me, steadying me so I didn't fall from the impact.

"No." I mumbled as I pushed him away and continued on my way to class.

"Ouch. Was I that bad of a kisser?" He asked, his voice giving off the slightest hint of offence as he caught up to me.

My cheeks began to warm, how was I supposed to know if the kiss was good? I'd never kissed anyone until him.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him give me a confused look, "What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean I wouldn't know. I'd never kissed anyone before." I blurted, immediately slapping my hands over my mouth to make sure I didn't say anything else that might embarrass me. Thankfully before he could respond we got to my classroom and I slipped inside before he had a chance to make fun of me.

I was so humiliated by the exchange that I couldn't pay attention in my first two classes. I didn't remember anything that was taught and I knew the homework was going to be a pain to complete since I wouldn't know what I was doing. But I had bigger things to worry about at the moment.

At lunch I decided to confide in Steph and Lisa about what happened. I needed them to tell me that it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it. Maybe I was just being overly dramatic.

"I pretty much told him that he was my first kiss." I mumbled.

They both gave me looks of pity. This was worse than I expected if they were feeling sorry for me instead of laughing at my humiliation.

"Why don't we just forget about the whole game." Steph suggested, giving me a sympathetic smile.

Lisa gave her a dirty look and I shook my head. I wasn't going to quit the game because I had no chance of winning, that wouldn't be fair. If they had to do the whole game then I had to suffer the consequences of losing.

All of a sudden Lisa and Steph's eyes got wide as they looked behind me.

I scrunched my nose in confusion as I turned to see what they were looking at, and to my dismay Liam was walking right toward us. This wasn't going to be fun.

"Can I talk to Emma alone for a minute?" He asked when he got to our table, taking us all by surprise. Them because he wanted to talk to me alone, and me because he knew my name. I never told him it.

"Sure, we're going to get something to drink anyway." Lisa said, and then her and Steph got up and walked away. They deserted me without even seeing if I was okay with it.