• sixteen

She
remembered who she was
and the game
changed

Sheremembered who she wasand the gamechanged

A/N: Sensitive content ahead. Trigger warning for violence and sexual assault.

"Sirius, for the last time, we can't just floo powder ourselves there!"

"Then what are we supposed to do?!" Sirius paced frantically across the room. "Just sit here and wait to see what happens?!"

"That's exactly what she told me to do. She said she knew what she was doing. We planned this." Remus bit his nails nervously, not doing much to soothe everyone else's nerves.

"And why on earth did you let her do that?!" James paced along side Sirius, not caring about the shattered glass in the slightest.

"She said that as long as her brother was there she would be fine."

Alexis was a capable and smart witch, but not even her above average skills could help her fight against the approximately thirty Death Eaters that surrounded her. So she complied, allowing them to take her to a shabby room and lock her in.

The night went on painfully slow, with Alexis tossing and turning in the uncomfortable small bed. The room's walls had an old, depressing wallpaper that was moldy and ripped in several places. The only piece of furniture besides the bed was an equally old dresser and a broken mirror. The place could've easily belonged to a house elf.

She hoped her brother would be back by morning, but when her door remained locked the entire day she understood Tom had indeed set her up. No amount of Alohomoras could make the door budge that morning, or the morning after, or the morning after. She had been locked in for three straight days. Was this her brother's plan all along? To kidnap and starve her? What was even the purpose of her punishment?

On the fourth day the door finally opened, but she was once again disappointed to find Bellatrix entering the room. At least Alexis could reason with her brother, but Bellatrix was a whole other story.

"Well, well, well," Bellatrix's yellowed, crooked teeth greeted her, her maniacal laughter breaking the silence. "Have you been enjoying yourself?"

"Terribly."

"That's good. Because the fun's just getting started." Her sly smile unnerved Alexis, making her feel like prey being cornered by a predator. "Imperio!"

Out of all the scenarios that she had gone over with Remus, they had been naive enough to not think about the Imperius curse. Alexis never saw it coming, her weak condition didn't allow her to fight back or show resistance, leaving her in a trance like state as she moved involuntarily behind Bellatrix.