CHAPTER 20

Over the last two days, Pierce was continue to healing while Brian and Cordelia tried to figure out who attacked the pack and attacked the woman. The funeral for her was the day after she was killed. Werewolves don't take funerals lightly and usually do it within 24 hours of someone dying.

Pierce was almost fully healed. The pack doctor said just one more day and he'll be able to come home.

Brian went around to neighboring packs and all the alphas were 100% sure everyone from their packs were accounted for. Granted the neighboring packs were no more than 15-20 people each. So it wasn't hard keeping track of such a small number of people.

"It must've been a rogue, then." Genevieve said. "It must have." Cordelia sighed. The whole Luna authority was stressful. She tried not to stress but while Pierce was still healing after he thought he could take on the wolf, she was now in charge and she was put in a spot where she had to make the decisions. It was stressful. And that wasn't good for her or the baby or babies.

"What do you think we should do?" Brian asked Cordelia. She sighed and thought for a second. "I want the pack army on high alert for the next few weeks. But I don't want anyone overworking themselves. They need to have shifts. There's what? 30 pack warriors? So we can divide them up to have a couple hours a shift."

Brian nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. So maybe 15 every twelve hours? I could supply them with food and water so they don't die from starvation or dehydration." Genevieve said. Cordelia nodded. "Yeah. It'll only be for a little bit. Just so we can be save." Cordelia said.

Brian got up and stretched. "I should go talk to the pack army then." He said and waved bye before leaving the house.

"So. How's Pierce?" Genevieve asked Cordelia. She shrugged. "He's doing fine. Nothing another day of rest won't fix. He's just trying to be a stubborn head so Kaden and Michael are taking turns watching him until he's fully healed so he doesn't leave." Genevieve chuckled and rolled her eyes. "He was always stubborn like that."

Cordelia nodded. "He is a stubborn butthead." She sighed. "Well, I hope he stays there until he's healed." Cordelia mumbled and ran a hand along her still small, but growing stomach.

Genevieve chuckled. "You don't miss him?" Genevieve asked Cordelia. Cordelia thought for a second. It was nice for it to be quiet around the house. But now that she thought about it, she did miss him. "Well I do. It's just peaceful when it's quiet." She said and reached up to stretch and her back popped. "Is that normal?" She questioned aloud. "Ya. Your back is gonna pop every once in awhile once your stomach starts growing bigger because if the pressure put on it form your stomach. You probably should be careful, though. Because you could hurt them if you pop your back the wrong way." Genevieve told her. Cordelia nodded.

Cordelia stood up. "I'm going to see Pierce." She said and started to leave. "Okay. See you later. Be back home soon. I think Kaden wanted to make something new tonight for dinner." Genevieve said and yawned. Genevieve hadn't gotten any sleep in the last few weeks. But no one knew. And especially with the murder just not too long ago, had that on her mind too. But she wasn't going to stress the pregnant teen and her mate who was healing.

"Later Gen." Cordelia said and left.

Okay. So I haven't been in the swing of things lately. So this chapter is short and bad. I'm sorry guys.