~Twenty-Three~ *

***Edited in October 2022***

A/N: As some of you may already know, I went to the beach a few days ago, and it's inspired me for a new chapter :) so here's another double update, I hope that's OK :p

Although, despite the inspiration, I don't think that this chapter turned out as good as I wanted it to so, that was disappointing lol

"Mummy, can I have ice-cream?" Piper asked me as we left the Warnes building.

"What?" I looked down at her, "You want ice-cream?"

"Yes please, mummy," she nodded.

"Pumpkin, we have to go home now, so that Harry can go home too," I told her, "we're using his car, remember?"

"Oh, I'm in no hurry to get home," Harry assured me, "I was actually hoping to spend more time with you after the viewing, anyway," he said with a smile.

My eyes widened a little at his words.

"Really?" I turned to him.

"Of course. You didn't think I was driving down here just to view the apartment, did you?" his smile grew, "Let Piper have her ice-cream, Leah. I'm more than happy to tag along."

"Yay!" Piper jumped up and down on the spot and grinned, "C'mon, mummy, I want ice-cream!"

"Piper, I wasn't even planning on going out today," I told her, "I don't have my wallet with me. I can't buy you an ice-cream."

"You didn't bring your wallet?" Harry rose his eyebrows at me and smiled again.

"I thought we were just gonna view the penthouse and go back home," I admitted with a soft blush, "I didn't...think I'd need it..."

"Hm. I see. I guess it's up to me, then," he looked down at Piper and smiled, "I'll get you your ice-cream, okay Piper?"

"Wait, what?" My jaw dropped, "Harry...you don't have to do that..."

"Leah, it's fine. I'm more than happy to," Harry promised me with a chuckle, "so, where's the nearest place to get ice-cream?"

"Well..." I bit my lip, "Piper's favourite place to get ice-cream is at the Café Vita. It's just down the road a little – about 100 metres away."

"Let's head over there, then," Harry said, "lead the way, love."

"But-"

"Ice-cream!" Piper interrupted me with an excited giggle, "Yummy!"

"Oh...alright," I rolled my eyes but smiled all the same as I took Piper's hand, "alright, Piper. To the Café Vita we go."

***

"Alright, Piper," Harry spoke up as we walked into the Café Vita, "what's your favourite flavour of ice-cream?"

Piper smiled up at him and placed her hands behind her back.

"Guess," she told him with a giggle.

His eyebrows rose. "I have to guess?"

"Yes," her smile grew – and I couldn't help but chuckle at how she was starting to get cheeky with him.

"Ooh..." Harry bit his lip and peered down at the various ice-cream flavours in the chilled cabinet below him, "is it...strawberry?"

"No," Piper's smile grew wider still.

"Chocolate?" Harry tried again.

Piper giggled again and shook her head.

"Oh God," Harry looked towards the cabinet again, "okay, is it, er..." he quickly scanned his eyes across the flavours once more, "is it Mango..?"