Chapter 31

I sit up in bed, gasping and tears running down my face. New nightmare, this one about the person Katherine killed. Damon helped me clean up the blood last night and confirmed it was human. That means Katherine killed someone and put there blood in my car. It’s just too sick. I can’t even think about going in my car anymore. It’s still at Damon’s, he gave me a ride home last night. 

When I told Elena about it, she freaked. Now she thinks that Katherine is out to get me and her. I don’t think Katherine would hurt Elena or I but she’ll hurt the people we care about. She’s cynical like that.

“Aria?” I look up and see Jeremy standing at the door. I quickly wipe the tears away and give him a small smile. 

“What’s up? Isn’t it a little early for you to be awake?” It’s early for me to be awake, I can tell you that. It’s only 10:30 in the morning. 

“You were screaming, Aria. What’s wrong?” Jeremy asks, slightly worried. 

“Nothing, I just watched a horror movie last night. Well, actually…I lived a horror movie last night.” I shrug like it’s no big deal. It’s true, my life has became a bad, teenage, horror movie. 

“Sounds…” Jeremy trails off, not really knowing what to say. I wouldn’t know what to say if someone told me that. 

“Terrible? Sucky? Shitty? And those are just some words I would use to describe it.” I sigh. 

“Do I even want to know what happened?” Jeremy questions with a slight frown on his face. 

“No, no you don’t.” I answer, wincing. You don’t know how much I regret ever signing up to play Katherine’s game. But I did sign up, so I have to play. She made move one, well now I’m going to have to make move two. I have to win this game, no matter what it takes to do it. 

—————————————

“Are you going to move your car out of my driveway?” Damon asks, handing me the glass of bourbon. 

I take a sip before shaking my head, “I can not drive that thing anymore, maybe you could like, eat it?” 

Damon gives me a weird look, “You want me to eat your car?”

“Yes, I do. It might hurt just a little but you heal quickly so that won’t be a problem. The blood in it could be like ketchup in a hamburger.” I smirk, realizing how disgusting I sound. But, hey, I’m having fun. I don’t have much fun anymore.

“Why would I eat that when I have such a delicious tasting girlfriend?” Damon teases, then speeds over to me, acting like he’s biting my neck. I laugh and push him away from me. He gives me a sad face before sitting down on the sofa, looking like a stiff, pouty, schoolboy. 

“Why so stiff?” I question, moving over and straddling him on the couch. I push him back into the sofa, running my hands up and down his chest. He smirks at me, and I lean in, kissing him. He pushes me down onto the sofa, so that he is on top of me. I pull away from him, giving him a teasing look. “Men and there need to be on top. Why do men have su-“ Damon stops me by kissing my neck. For some reason that just shuts me up. 

Right as he is about to get lower, the doorbell rings. Damon and I both groan and he gets off me. He gives me a longing look before heading over to the front door. 

“I need to talk to you.” a voice states as soon as Damon opens the door. Huh, that sounds just like Jeremy… I look and realize it is Jeremy.