Chapter two: The hero, captured!

"Oh Link, how do you think of my outfit?! I made it myself! Lovely, isn't it?!" Zelda stood in front of me wearing her ceremony outfit with a happy grin on her face. We were in front of the goddess statue back in Skyloft. It was like nothing happened. I really wish that were true.
I gave a small shrug as my response, not knowing how to answer. You see... We grew up together as close childhood friends, but I was aftaid of complimenting her outfit. I was aftaid of giving her hints that I liked her-no...I loved her, in fact. I didn't want to ruin our precious friendship so I kept my feelings away for as long as I remember.

Upon my response, she made a frown and placed her hands on her waist. "You're so mean! I really tried hard making it, don't you know! Gosh! I really don't understand men sometimes!" She turned around and walked off. I was glad nobody else was there because I suddenly felt like the biggest jerk. The next thing I knew, black clouds started to form and that black tornado from Ghirahim had appeared and taken her away. I heard her screaming out for my name, but she and her voice had soon dissapeared into the unknown. Once again, I couldn't do anything to save her.

I was now wearing my green tunic and holding my Goddess' sword. Strangly enough, I didn't sense Fi's presence in it. It was like she had left me altogether. I heard a step behind me and I turned around. There was this.. devil standing there. His flaming orange hair, the demonic face; I could tell this was a being of pure evil. "You've failed." He told me. As he was talking to me, the black sky started to turn red and orange, and the place that was once the cheerful town of Skyloft, soon became in ruins. It was like I had been transported to the very depths of Hell. "You have failed to save her, and let the darkness take over and rule." He told me, in a low voice.

"You are no hero."

Everything then started to turn bright. Not in a happy and positive way, but in a way as if everything was ending. Like the whole world.. and life had ended.

***

I quickly opened my eyes with a gasp and found myself lying on a cold stone floor. The stone floor was all I could see though, as it must have either been night, or I was in a windowless room. I wiped some sweat off of my face. Where am I? What kind of dream was that?! I thought to myself as I tried to stand up. I pushed my good, non-broken arm on the ground to help me stand up. Before I actually got to stand up, I instantly felt the pain in my abdomen and I yelped out and crouched back down. I have never been in this much pain before! I placed my hand on my abdomen and felt blood, and... something else? They had the same kind of feeling as gauze bandages. Wait... Did that demon do this? I thought to myself as I gently felt around the area, making sure to myself that I was in fact, all bandaged up. It took me a moment to process that I was also shirtless.

I felt my face heat up either from anger, or from a blush. I wasn't sure which one it was, to be honest.  That creep! ...Well, at least I was wearing pants.

I should not be worrying about how he took off my shirt and (possibly) did more to me. Escaping this place and saving Zelda is my top priority. And if I can't stand, then I will crawl around to find my way out! So, that's what I decided to do. I got down on all fours and began to slowly crawl. It wasn't much better, pain-wise, but at least I can move around. I couldn't move very far from my beginning spot before something tugged me back.

I just realized I was feeling something wrapped around my ankle. I moved back and sat on my bottom. I felt that there was a shackle on my foot and was attached to a wall. I began to freak out and tried to slip my leg out of it. As expected, my foot wasn't going to get out of it so easily.

My next plan was to try to pull the shackle off of my foot by force. I grabbed it tightly with my good hand, and tried to grab it with my broken arm. It hurt awfully, and my arm was swollen like hell, but I had to suck it up. I ended up grabbing it and I bit my lip so I wouldn't scream. I tried to pull it off of my leg. It wouldn't come off, and I tried pulling on it harder until my nails dug into my skin. I hissed in pain and continued. By the end of it, my ankle was badly scratched around the shackle, and I had a few rub marks around the shackle as well.

And that damn shackle was still on my leg! I soon gave up and leaned against the stone wall. "Ow..." I muttered to myself. I just realized how cold this room was. Perhaps it because I lost a lot of blood? And I hope he comes with some warm food... and a lantern. I curled up and lightly hugged my knees, as I found that the more... comfier position. Heh, what am I saying? That demon wants to torture me. I doubt he will give me warm food and a light.

I'm sorry, Impa, Groose, and Zelda. I failed you all. I really am what that devil told me:

I am a failure of a hero.

A/N: Oops I wrote this in Link's perspective. Ah well... I feel it would have made the chapter better instead of leaving it in third person like my original plans. This is uhh... Character development? Anyway... Ghira will come in next chapter~ >:3 get ready for more pain coming soon! (Poor link. He's gonna be in pain this entire series...)