Chapter 17 Processing

(Tiff's POV)

I cried for what felt like forever until I didn't have any more tears left , if that's even possible . So I decided to pick myself up and take a shower ,hopefully after that I would feel better .

*time skip*

I got out the shower , dressed and decided I would look for some comfort food to hopefully lift my spirit, when I remembered the tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice- cream in the fridge .

I took out a spoon and was just about to take a bite when my phone rang. I really wasn't in the mood for talking right now so I ignored it . After a few minutes my phone went off indicating I had a voicemail. Having nothing else to do - and slightly iterated that it kept interrupting me ! - I decided to listen to it .

"Hello , um I don't know if I have the right number . So , if this is miss Ross please report to the Redcross Hospital your fiancé was in a car accident and we would like to brief you on everything , thank you ."

I froze not knowing what to do .

a Million thoughts rushing through my head.

How did it happen ?

Is he okay ? 

Why did it happen? 

Leading to  why would they call me instead of his parents ?

Trying to be grown up about this I decided I would call his parents and let them know and  then I'll go and see what's going on.

I was still very upset at him and what he did  but I wasn't heartless , I wasn't a monster .

So I made the call letting me know that  they were on their way as I got out of my pajamas and into something ... more suitable as I went to the hospital not knowing what to expect when I get there.

I got there and they told me his room number . As I walked through the halls looking for room 396B my heart began beating faster and faster as I passed each room closer to his.

ROOM 396 B

There it was . I took a deep breath and braced myself as I enterd the room .

There sat his parents across from him , looking so sad as if watching the dead .

"Hi " I said in quite whisper ,not knowing what else to say in a situation like this.

"Hi dear" Mr tatum answerd.

"So ... is he okay ?, I mean what happend ?" That might seemed too forward or too soon but I had to ask.

"Well... according to Dr Blitz he was in a car accident around the corner from your house , he hit he wall as he turned the corner and is .... in a coma"

I felt a tear escape as Mr tatum told me what happened. I couldn't process any of it so I took a seat at the side of him , suddenly what happened didn't matter anymore , all I could think about is him and if he was going to make it.

Guilt was one of the many emotions I felt at that moment.

To think I sat on my sorry ass at home while he was here all this time fighting for his life .

"Come Jenny , let's give her some space." Mr tatum said as he took Jenny's hand and walked out , leaving me alone with an unconscious Alex and my gloomy thoughts.

Show me your love and Like comment and vote.  ❤😊