Jon Snow - "We have only ten minutes"

He tightened his grip on your trembling hand in an attempt to comfort himself while he stood still in front of the crypt. His lips were forming a straight line and he locked his glance with yours while you tried to encourage him with a bright smile.

This was the happiest day of your life. Partly because you had been dreaming about this day for as long as you could remember, but mostly because you had never thought this dream would actually come true. You had learned when you were quite young already that high born lords and ladies didn't marry for love, that you wouldn't marry for love.

"We have only ten minutes, I hope that's enough?" Your voice was nothing but a soft whisper while the dress you were wearing was blown by the cold winter wind. "Are you certain you want me to come along with you?"

Jon nodded and he pulled you a little closer towards him. His cape, draped around your shoulders, could barely keep the cold at bay, but his hand was still glowing and keeping you warm. "I can't introduce you to my parents, but I want you to know who they were."

You knew who his father had been.

Everyone in the North had heard the stories about Lord Stark and the horrible end he had eventually met. Just like everyone in the North knew that all those qualities they had admired were now living on in the current King in the North.

"I feel very honored that you allow me to visit them." You bent your head slightly and you stared at your white shoes in the crisping snow. Even after all those days you had spent with him and even after the few stolen nights you had already shared something had changed between you from the moment you had officially become his wife.

He was still tightly holding onto you while he guided you through the crypt. In the weak candlelight the frown on his forehead seemed to be even more present than usually and eventually he stood still in front of the grave that was supposed to be Eddard Stark's. "Father?" His voice was nothing but a whisper and he swallowed away the tears that were burning in his eyes. "I want you to meet my wife." He placed both his hands on your shoulders. "If you could have met her, you would have been so proud of her."

"I'm certain he would have been proud of you too." You placed one hand on his and your lips curled up into a smile. "I wish we had more time, because I want to know everything about your father you are willing to tell me."

"He's not the only one I have to tell you about." Jon turned around and his glance rested on the statue of a beautiful woman. "I should have told you sooner, but I needed time." Jon cleared his throat and he wrapped his arms around you. "Lord Stark has always been like a father to me, but in reality he was my uncle." He licked his lips while he let his chin rest on your shoulders. "Mother?" Jon held his breath for a few seconds. "This is my wife." He paused after that last word as if it was still slightly weird to say it out loud. "And this is my mother, Lyanna Stark."

"You're not a Stark..." You widened your eyes and you turned around to lock your glance with his. "I'm not a Stark..." You cocked your head for a moment, but Jon licked his lips and he pressed the palms of his hands to your cheeks.

"We are Starks to me."