Weasels and fish [26]

Recap:
The leaf village gets invaded and the tragic fate the angel  had vowed to stop was a failure.
"He's gone."
||

Instead of going to the old mans funeral, I'm sitting in the rain under some tree on a hill. I felt empty, the same feeling I had when Setsuko had died. You wanna know what makes my deceased brothers and the old mans death the same? I could've saved them both.
I grip my arms harder struggling to keep my composure. I wouldn't cry, i couldn't cry.

I saw his fate, I could've saved him, I should've told him! But no I was to slow to realize the signs that related to the images.

I was weak.

"Tenshi??"

I don't make any movement to show I had heard him. Feeling the copycat nin take a seat beside me not caring about the mud, I stare hollowly at nothing.

"Kakashi."

"Hm?"

"If you had the power to save someone but didn't, does that make you scum or worse then scum."

He goes tense for a second but looks at the sky with a sigh.

"Only if they deserve to be saved..."

"That's what I thought." I purse my lips in internal pain, my shoulders beginning to tremble.

The jonins eyes were clad in sympathy as he reached out resting a hand on the girls head. Pulling her towards his chest, he let the Jikan silently cry. He knew nothing he said would comfort her any more than he was doing now so he stayed silent. His eyes gaze up to into murky sky. The world isn't kind...

|Few days later |

"Kakashi." Passing a brief greeting to Kurenai and Asuma Sensei, I get this weird feeling in my eyes and i sense a strange presence.

"ah Tenshi there you are, you've been gone a lot recently?"

"Well ya know, everyone has their own way of grieving." I retort lightly causing him to nod in understanding. For majority of the week, I had been missing in action, training with my summonings. It was the only way I knew how to release all my pent up stress other then stress eating and that wasn't good for my wallet  at the moment.

"I'm going on an important road trip with Naruto and Jiraiya. I should be back In a few, is that ok?" I silently hoped he said yes. What I needed was a road trip and not only was this trip a break away from the village but Jiraiya offered to give me some pointers as well.

Giving me a closed eye smile he brings his hand to his chin. "Only if you get it signed."

A look of confusion flashes my features until I see him slightly peek out an orange book from his pocket. I deadpan in response at his request but hold my hand out none the less. Quickly placing the item in my hand, he casts an alert glance making sure we had not been watched.
I store it in my holster rolling my eyes as he looked like he was scared of being caught dealing drugs . Although, im sure the social abuse from the public would still be the same if it went both ways.

I saunter off to the apartment to pack, unaware of the curious crimson red eyes following my form.
||

"Ne ne ero-sanin what technique ya gonna teach me next dattebayo!!?" Naruto exclaims loudly as usual whilst walking backwards in front of us. Sighing inwardly,I give the boy an irritated glance as I continue gazing at the cloudless sky. "Jiraiya, no offense but why the hell did you want me to come with you two?"
Looking at me with an eye twitch, he points to Naruto briefly stating on how the boy wouldn't come with him if he couldn't bring me as company.