- 43 -

Hoseok understood the fact that he should be grateful of a lot of things in his life. He was able to wake up without getting a random cardiac arrest in the middle of the night, the morning was beautiful as the sun peeked out to endow earth with its glorious rays, the birds were cheerfully chirping and singing their wonderful songs, all of his friends were safe and no one died... Really, there's a lot of happy and beautiful things around that's waiting for him to appreciate, but despite these all, he couldn't seem to bring a smile to his face. He was feeling a little depressed.

Hoseok sighed miserably, feeling like all hope had left him.

"Yah, hyung! Stop!" he heard the loud voice of Jimin screeching at the top of his lungs.

"What? I'm not doing anything," came Suga's reply.

"You just touched my butt! Actually, you've been touching my butt!"

Suga snorted at it, already a master at pretending he did not do anything perverted to Jimin. Hoseok cracked his first smile. "You mean, I'm not allowed to touch your butt?"

"W-why would you be allowed to-"

"Aww, I'm so sorry babe," Suga apologized, but it barely sounded apologetic. Hoseok shook his head fondly at the sight. "I just thought you were enjoying it. Should I have touched the front part instead?"

The face Jimin made at Suga's teasing remark was the last key to make Hoseok's smile full and wide. He was even about to laugh, only that he thought it would be quite rude for poor Jimin so he decided to stifle it for now. Jimin's face was a mixture of horror, disbelief, and something else. Something else that definitely wasn't disgust.

The two were clearly thirsty for each other. Hoseok wondered when would they finally end the game and announce to every single person in the universe that they were sappily in love with each other. Sometimes Hoseok had this urge to just bump their heads to make them realize how cheesy they were.

Not realizing that he was already staring, Hoseok blinked rapidly in surprise when he noticed that Suga's gaze was already turned to him. The older boy smiled sympathetically at his direction and then subtly raised one eyebrow as if to question him.

Hoseok understood that well. It had been three days since Sehee left and ever since that day, he had not spoken to Jin. He was not angry at him, in fact, it was the other way around. Hoseok understood what Jin meant and he would have to admit that if he were Jin, he would've suspected Sehee as well. Jin always had this tendency to become overprotective, like a mother hen guarding her chicks. More like a bear guarding her baby cubs actually, if you think of it.

Hoseok understood him so much to the point that he actually agreed with Jin's opinion, except on the part where Sehee was to be blamed. Jungkook got shot and damn did he curse so loud when that happened. The kid was barely in college and yet he had to go through something like this. He was supposed to be the one to protect Jungkook. Suga assigned the kid to him and yet Hoseok failed. Twice. He felt awful at what happened but all he could do was watch Jin as the older boy pulled out the bullet from Jungkook's body. It was a scary sight and all Hoseok wanted to do was rant to the world, the same way Jin exactly did that day.

But...wasn't it too unfair to blame Sehee? Yes, she was the most obvious suspect but still. They didn't even know if there really was a spy. Blaming Sehee was just too...

Or maybe Jin was right. Maybe Hoseok was just too blind to see the truth. Maybe Sehee was really a...

Hoseok sighed, feeling like all hope was gone now. When he looked up, his gaze met Suga's again. Suga talked to him last night and encouraged him to talk to Jin. He said that Jin wanted to talk to him but he understood if Hoseok would need more time. Suga, being so good with words, tried to explained Jin's side. It was quite cute for Hoseok to see his usually grumpy hyung who didn't give a single care trying to play the role of a peace maker. A role that was supposedly for Hoseok.