XXIV. Sonic the Hedgehog

For a while, we were forced down a long straight path. All of the surfaces were covered with sheets of steel; It kind of felt like we were walking inside a really long air vent. Eventually it came out into a giant circular room that seemed to have no exit.

After we all entered the room, a giant wall slammed down, closing off the only way out. "Is this how we die?" I joked with Silver. "We starve to death in this room?"

"There's a teleporter in here," Mega Man said, rushing forward. "There's a blue light in the middle of the room. I can sense it."

"So we just take the teleporter and beat Eggman?" I asked. "Sounds too easy."

"I highly doubt it will lead us directly to them," Mega Man shook his head. "We better be prepared for anything."

"Good thing I already stretched," I said. "Let's go."

We all stepped onto the blue light, and after we were all on it, we were whisked away. We appeared in a room that seemed to be the exact same as the one we had just been in, but there was no blue light in the middle of the floor.

Tempo looked up at the ceiling, which was pretty high. There were ledges along the walls, though I couldn't see how someone could make it up there. They were up way too high. Either way, this would make for an excellent battlefield. "There are enemies incoming," Tempo announced. She frowned, forming into a fighting stance.

"There are several incoming," Mega Man added, and he looked very panicked.

"It can't be worse than what we faced yesterday," I shrugged.

A few seconds later, what looked like a hundred robots teleported in. I recognized a lot of them, including Crash Man, and felt relieved that I didn't see Copy. Maybe they hadn't been able to repair him after Shadow pierced through all of his armor with his spears. But every robot on the floor was a Robot Master.

My eyes drifted upward, where I saw why there cliffs in the walls. There was a sniper for each cliff, which probably meant there were at least thirty. They had an obvious Eggman touch to them, being big and round and holding dangerous looking guns.

"You..." I paused, taking in the sheer number. "You weren't kidding."

"I've got the snipers!" Silver said, almost immediately. He rose into the air, but I didn't have time to see how he would take care of them. I just hoped it would be quickly, because those were our greatest threat.

I ran forward, attacking a random robot. The room was big, but the robots hadn't given us much room to breathe.

Even though the shots from the snipers were coming less and less frequently, dodging them was a chore. I had to keep my eyes toward the ceiling while keeping the robots attacking me in my view.

Eventually, I came face to face with Crash Man, but it didn't really seem like he recognized me. I ducked as he shot a bomb at me, but I didn't turn around to see if it had landed on Tempo or Mega Man. I ran forward and performed a homing attack on Crash Man, then continued on, breaking through their ranks.

It didn't take long for one of the snipers to lock-on and get a good shot on me. I slammed into the ground with amazing force, considering all that had hit me was a small bullet. I didn't bother trying to take it out. It barely drew any blood, and would be annoying to try and get out. I got back up, jumping into the air as a robot with some sort of laser blade tried to slice my feet off.

"Who the heck gives a robot a sword?" I shouted, taking a step back to avoid another nasty cut. I kicked the robot away, but he just got back up and lunged with the sword. More robots were closing on in me and the robot, making it harder and harder to move around. I charged up a spindash, but before I could go more than a few inches, I tripped over something, crashing onto the ground. There was some sort of jagged crystal wedged into the ground that had stopped me.