Files

Once again I wake to someone talking. This time it is Natalia and Steve.

"Look I'm happy for you but you hurt her your going to be in a lot of pain."
"I know Nat. Buck will kill me if he sees this and besides, why would I hurt her? I might actually like her more than Peggy."
"I wasn't talking about Bucky. I was talking about me. You hurt her and I will put you in a hospital."
"O-Okay."
"Good. Now Bucky woke up about five minutes ago and is debating wether or not to come and make sure she is okay," hearing footfall on the stairs "and I think he decided to."
"Shit. Um, I don't want to wake her. What do I do?"
"If you didn't want to wake me you shoulda kept silent. I'm up now."

Sitting up and walking out of my room to find James at the table I sit in the chair next to him.

"You know you didn't hurt me. You may have damaged my pride but not anything physical."
"I had my hand on your neck, I was choking you. I could have killed you."
"But you didn't. Besides we both have had nights like that, you might not remember but I put you in the hospital wing while we were in HYDRA. Smoke inhalation and I think it was second degree burns. You passed out because of smoke and I was still asleep in a nightmare while on fire."
"What happened?"
"I don't remember the dream but I know I was mad at someone in it. I set myself on fire which in turn set the bed and your shirt on fire. It created a lot of smoke and it burned you. When I woke up to you coughing I put out the flames on me and yanked off your burning shirt. You had burns all over your torso and neck, I melted the door and dragged you from the room. The guards knocked me out and took you away from me. I thought I had killed you when you didn't come back for over a week."
"But you didn't."
"Out of us I am the only one that put the other in the hospital. You have never hurt me enough for me to even bruise unless we were in training. I have burned you and broken one of your legs."
"It's fine."
"But it isn't. You see yourself as a killer even though you won't hurt anyone you care for, and you care for a lot of people. I have hurt you and tried to kill Banner. I am the killer of this group."
"I want to say it's not you fault but I know you won't allow me to."
"Good. Because I know it's my fault. I was never wiped like you. I know the faces and practically all the names of the people I have killed. James you didn't hurt me and you never will."

He doesn't respond so I stand up and stand behind him attempting to give him a hug.

"Thank you Jess."
I bury my head into his hair to make sure no one can see the tear running down my cheek. We stay like that for a few minutes until Stark ruins it.

"Get some Robo-Cop!"
"Tony, they are bonding, so you want to shut up?"
Winter turns to Widow breaking out awkward hug.
"It's fine Nat."
"Hm. If you say so Bucky."
"I do say."
Widow looks at James oddly before getting herself a cup and pouring chocolate milk into it.
"Did you talk with Laura last night Widow?"
"Yah. Clint was a mess all tears and sobs. So emotional."
"Sounds different. How was Laura holding up?"
"She was doing great. Barley a tear to her, I swear she's tougher than Clint sometimes."
"Sounds like it. There is cereal in the cupboard if you want it. I'm gonna go find something in the shed. I will be back."
"Okay. See yah later."

(Winters P.O.V.)
When Silver left the house I asked where Steve was.
"He's asleep."
"Where did he sleep last night? I took his spot on the couch."
"Well Silver had a human heater. Then her heater had a nightmare and ran away. So the heaters best friend made sure he was okay then went to talk with Silver," raising an eyebrow she continues "so when Silver commented on not having her heater and not wanting to be alone the friend didn't get what she meant. When she patted the bed beside her the friend understood and is still there."
"So what do you mean?"
"You don't get what I mean?"
"No I really don't. What do you mean?"
"Your the heater and Steve is the friend."

Standing up from where I was sitting at the table I run to Silvers room to find Steve sleeping in her bed.

"STEVEN GRANT ROGERS!"
"What Buck!"
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO JESSICA!"
"Who?" there's a moment of confusion on his face before the idiot gets it. "Oh Silver!"
"Yah Silver!"
"Well when you got scared and decided to stay downstairs she didn't want to be alone and she did ask me to stay."
"Stay and do what?"
"Sleep here. She said she was used to someone with her. So she got me to stay."
"Long as you didn't do anything stupid yah punk."
"BUCK! NO I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!"
"No duh now stop yelling."
"Sorry."
"Jess went to the shed. She needed to find something. Now get up and eat."
"Buck, she said she might disappear at one point. Like leave and go visit the graves of people she killed. Is that something she would do or is she just giving us a reason to let her leave without us following?"
"I don't know. I'd don't even know she was alive before we came here, she disappeared from HYDRA before you found out about me."
"Okay."
What if she does disappear? What would I do?

(Silver's P.O.V.)

When I get to the file room I search for the name Peggy. Nothing. So I look at 'Captain America' his file is pretty full. It contains locations of bases he has destroyed and people he knew from his past and people he knows from now.

Looking for the name Peggy in any of the records I find nothing. Closing the filing cabinet I move to the S.H.E.I.L.D. cabinet. Looking for any agents with that name I am not successful. But looking at the signature of an high up it's a P. Carter. I look it up.

Margaret 'Peggy' Carter
She is a founder of S.H.E.I.L.D and was at the camp that Steve trained at before ending up as Captain America.

So what did he mean by 'I might actually like her more than Peggy'?

Well from the pictures of Margaret she is a very beautiful woman. Impeccable woman really. Got a job in the army during the second world war when everyone still thought that women couldn't do anything.

Checking the security camera feed before leaving the secret room I go into the gym.

Leaving the gym when someone comes to the shed I find Stark on the back of the jet.
"What you doing?"
"Well if you really must know I was thinking."
"Well now I know your not brain dead."
"Very funny. I was actually thinking about where your file room may be. There are no other panels on the walls that move, no hatches in the floor and no room to go upwards. So where is the file room?"
"Hidden. I'm going back up to the house. You staying here?"
"Yah. I will find it."
"Good luck. You're going to need it."
"Thanks for the confidence boost."
"Didn't mean to give you one. You have enough ego to compensate for any lack of confidence."
"Ouch!"
"See yah later Stark."
"Yah yah. Whatever."

Laughing as I reach the ladder I start climbing.

1333