Chapter Eight

"Wake up...." I hear someone say quietly. I groan and roll over, not opening my eyes.

"I see you waking up. Just do it." They say again. I pull the comforter up above my head and hide under it.

"Wake up before I get Jack to come in here and-"

"And what?" I hear Jack's voice from my doorway. I immediately throw the covers off of my head and sit up.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I nearly yell. Jack takes a bite out of the apple in his hand and walks out of the room. I stare at Leven, who is almost smiling. I'm nearly out of breath; that was a close one.

"You weren't really going to make him-"

"Of course not." She says while standing up. She walks into the bathroom and I see the light flick on. "This is my room too, remember? I would have to deal with the fumes too."

I shudder at the thought. Jack did that the first morning we arrived at the hotel. It took three air fresheners and one whole can of Febreeze, but it all aired out.

We arrived three days ago, and Gary has let us get used to the roommates and such. We will be staying at this hotel during the whole filming process. Today is the first day of our actual film training.

I crawl out of bed and change into a really loose tank top and shorts. I twist my hair up just as Leven walks back in the room wearing athletic clothes as well.

We both grab water bottles out of the mini fridge in our room and walk out the door. The rest of our group is waiting for us in the hallway.

We take the elevator down to the lobby and walk outside to the cabs. I throw my stuff in the trunk of one and join Amandla and Jack in one.

Our drive isn't that long, and we arrive at a very large building. When we get out and walk inside, I'm in complete awe. It's a gym, but it is also the training center for the movie. It is set up exactly like I would have imagined it. There are weapons lining the wall, all fake. The extra tributes stand in the middle of the gym.

Nobody notices the three of us when we walk in. I see that Alexander and Jackie have already gotten here. We stand back by the doors while Gary talks to the extras in the middle.

Alexander and Jack exchange glances before creeping forward. Amandla starts to walk behind them, but I catch her arm. Something tells me that the two are up to no good.

Alexander and Jack get behind the circle of actors, still unnoticed. They center themselves behind a small, curly headed boy. I watch as the two cup their hands around their mouths and put them up against the boy's ears, yelling loudly into them. The poor boy nearly has a heart attack and lets out small yelp.

Jack and Xander begin to laugh along with the rest of the people in the middle. Alexander reaches his hand down to help the boy up, and I hear him apologize as we approach the group.

"Great for you guys to show." Gary says, clearly frustrated. "The Cornucopia set isn't ready to start working on the bloodbath scene, so today we are all going to just work with weapon training. Deal?"

"Deal." The rest of us say in unison.

The main people of the cast walk back to the wall and claim the weapons that belong to their character. Alexander picks up a small sword. I see Jack pick up a fake spear and Leven a bow. I pick up a few of the knives, surprised by how light they are.

"You will all need to be accustomed with using these weapons as well as combat. Please, make progress. I have to go check up on other parts of the set so see you all at the same time tomorrow." Gary states before jogging out the door.