Chapter One

Reece's POV
—————————————

"Why did this have to happen to me, Dani? I'm only sixteen, I don't know how to raise a child. I'm not financially, or emotionally ready." I tell Dani, while doing the breathing exercise my therapist taught me. We were at Dani's house, sitting on her queen sized bed. I lean back, falling into her abyss of pillows.

"I don't know Reece, but we will figure something out. Have you told him yet?" Dani asks me.

"No," I say quietly, looking up at the ceiling and fiddling with my thumbs.

"Reece! You need to tell him, he deserves to know. He IS the father. Why haven't you said anything yet?" She looks at me.

"I don't know Dani. I can't just go up to him and say, 'Hey, by the way, remember when we had sex? Yeah, I'm pregnant now.' That's not how it works." I say, trying to remain calm. I repeat the breathing exercise that's supposed to help calm my anger.

"Well, we are going to have to find a way to tell him," she tells me. I nod my head, agreeing with her.

Out of no where, Andrea barges in. "Hey, fam," She says, plopping next to me on the bed. "Your mom let in. How's it going Reece?" She asks me.

"She hasn't told Nate yet," Dani explains.

"Oh my, Reece! You need to tell him!" Andrea states, agreeing with Dani as well.

"I know, already had that talk," I nod towards Dani. "I'm starting to get a headache, I'm going to try to sleep," I continue. I try to doze off, but it becomes extremely difficult.

Dani and Andrea must of thought that I was asleep, because I heard them say my name. I'm not sure exactly what they said, but I assume it was about me telling Nate. I listened to them incoherently talk about me, soon falling asleep to their sedative voices.