Chapter 25 ~ Surprises

Jay's P.O.V

The day when I threw up in front of Cameron was not one of my proudest moments. Who in their right mind what's to be sick in front of their boyfriend? It's not a very pretty site for them to witness and it's downright embarrassing. When I finally managed to completely empty my stomach I cleaned myself up, brushed my teeth and then ran out of the bathroom like my life depended on it, leaving Cameron behind me. I let my feet have a mind of their own letting them lead me to where they wanted to go. I ran straight into the kitchen banging the doors open with an almighty 'BANG' which startled Penny; she jumped two feet in the air with a squeak. She spun round with a scowl on her face but it softened once she saw mu panicked face.

"Jay dear what's wrong?" Her voice was soft as if she was talking to a child.

"I-I-I don't - know." My voice came out weak and shaky. I didn't like this feeling, I didn't like feeling weak it just wasn't in my nature anymore and when I do feel weak it scares me.

"Okay come with me."

Penny wrapped an arm around my shoulder leading me up the stairs and into her office where we could have some privacy, she seated the both of us on the window seat and handed me a glass of cool water.

"Here drink this it'll help calm you down a bit and then you are going to tell me what has you so freaked out."

I took a sip of water letting it soothe my burning throat, the coldness was welcomed into my body and gradually I started to feel better after taking several more sips.

"Are you okay now to tell me what's wrong?" Penny asked pulling me into her side and playing with my hair.

I nodded.

"For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling so ill." I took another sip of water. "I just figured that it was just my body taking it's time to accept my full powers but I'm not so sure now."

I felt Penny stiffen next to me and her hand that was playing with the ends of my hair stopped mid stroke.

"The sickness as started after you got your full powers?" Penny questioned.

"Yes."

Penny jumped up from beside in a flash that I didn't expect it and I ended up falling onto my side with the cushions softening my fall. I got back into a sitting position and watched Penny pace wearing away at the floor. Suddenly she stopped right in front of me and just stared at me before she grabbed my hand dragging me out of her office and down to the infirmary.

"Penny? Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked with worry laced into my voice.

"I may have an idea," she paused hesitating. "When you and Cameron mated did you use protection?"

"N-n-no!" I stuttered. I was stunned there's no way I could be pregnant it's not possible, okay maybe it is possible but I wasn't even in heat yet. I was only just starting to go into heat but I never reached the stage of when I could get pregnant. So how is this possible?!

"Hey Angie!" Penny shouted in greeting, she let go of my hand and embraced Angie our pack doctor. I didn't really notice what was going on I was still in shock and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Hey Penny! Hey Jay! What brings you two down here?" Angie asked.

"This little one needs a check-up." Penny pushed me towards Angie.

"Well she does look kind of pale but is there anything is particular?"

"She's recently just mated." Penny hinted. I heard a gasp and a smack.