Chapter 29

Sebastian was gone and Isabelle had never felt lonelier than ever but she finally met Lily, her mother.
She introduced Lily to her adopted family.
"Mum...I want you to meet ..mum?" Isabelle said with a laugh as she introduced Lily to Mrs Foster.
"Good to meet you face to face Lily!" Mrs Foster said as she hugged her.
"You too."
"And this is my dad...and my little brother Zach." Isabelle said.
Zach smiled at Lily.
"Lily why don't you come over...we can talk about everything..." Mrs Foster suggested.
"That would be lovely, thank you." Lily said.
Isabelle smiled at both of her mothers.
**********************************

Lily joined the Foster family for a small reunion in their house.
They talked about how Isabelle have grown up.
"Isabelle um before I forget...Sebastian asked me to give this to you..he knew his time was up..." Lily said as she gave her daughter a package of letters.
"What's this?" Isabelle asked as tears started to well up in her eyes.
"It's letters ..for you. He wrote them everyday before and after meeting you. He was so excited when I first told him he had a younger sister." Lily said.
"He-he what?" Isabelle asked as she took the letters gently and placed them on the table.
Isabelle opened up the first letter.

Dear Izzy...I hope I get to call you that...because Isabelle is such a long name just like mine. If you're reading this it means I'm no longer with you anymore... I'm not sure we're going to be close but these are a bunch of sappy letters I wrote for you. Read one by one. Don't miss any. Anyways I have no idea how you look like but I know you're beautiful just like your mother.
I've been waiting for years to meet you but mum said to wait and it isn't the time to meet you yet. I was so excited when I first saw you when you were so little. I am truly sorry when I kidnapped you when you were so young. Jake...he was bad he betrayed me a long time ago for money...and I'm truly sorry. Well that's all for today's letter. It's only the beginning. Love you Izzy.
Isabelle started to cry.
"Sebastian..no." Isabelle whispered.
Isabelle hugged her letters to her chest and started to cry even harder.
"He wanted to tell me more about you honey...I was just not lucky enough to hear it from him." Lily said.
"Thanks for bringing these." Isabelle said to her mother.
"No problem honey." Lily said.
"Well I should get moving ...you can visit me anytime Izzy... just be careful because Valeric is still out there..Lily said.
"I will..I promise." Isabelle said as she hugged her mother and watched her mother walked out of her house.
Isabelle stared at her letter.
She wished vampires could not die...even when they get stabbed in the heart. She wished that somehow this is all a nightmare and Sebastian will come back to her but it was real.

"Mum I'm going upstairs to get some rest" Isabelle said.
"Ok honey. Izzy?"
"Yeah?"
"If you want to talk about anything...I'm right here."
"Thanks mum." Isabelle said as she hugged Mrs Foster and went upstairs.

Isabelle went upstairs and closed the door.
She jumped on her bed and stared at the ceiling.
She wanted to cry but there weren't any tears left. She gave out a long sigh and read back what he said. She just couldn't believe that Jake did that. He betrayed Sebastian. If he was here right now, she would have punched him so hard.
But she couldn't even get herself together so how could she even hit someone else.
She just needed to be alone. Brandon had texted and called her twice but she didn't want to talk or see anyone right now.
After a few minutes she went into a deep slumber.

She woke up at the next day with a really bad headache. She finally realised that she had a speed power and Sebastian was not there to appreciate it. She could tell her parents but they weren't the ones who trained her.
Isabelle got up and went her bathroom. She looked like a zombie. Her hair was everywhere. She didn't care about it so she just continued to brush her teeth and went to take a quick shower.
She got out from the shower a few minutes . Just then Mrs Foster came inside her room.
"Good morning honey...how are you feeling?" Mrs Foster asked.
"Well I'm not doing anything stupid so far ...so I'm good." Isabelle said.
"You don't have to go to school..." Mrs Foster said.
"I guess I'll just take a break for today and I'll go tomorrow then." Isabelle said.
"Alright...take a good rest...read or go out a bit..it's not good to stay in the room all day." Mrs Foster said.
"Ok." Isabelle said as she watched her leave the room.
Isabelle went to her laptop and checked her mails. There was nothing interesting. Just then she heard a loud knock from her window. She thought it could be Brandon but she was wrong. It was Jake.
She went over and pulled up her window so he could come in.
"You know you don't have to protect me anymore I actually don't care if I'm going to die anymore or not." Isabelle said.
"Isabelle...I'm really sorry about Sebastian..." Jake said.
"Well he's not going to come back is he...I just wished that he could somehow not die during the war." Isabelle said as she sat on the edge of her bed.
Jake scooted next to her and saw the letter on her desk.
"What's these?" Jake asked.
"Why are you even here Jake?" Isabelle asked with a sigh.
"I dunno actually." Jake shrugged.
"Well maybe you do have a heart to check on your so called best friend's sister." Isabelle said but her tone had no humour in it.
"You can say that..." Jake said. " I actually came here to tell you that Valeric disappeared just right after his son and Sebastian died. He looked so pissed when his son died too and it looks like he will actually come for the real revenge this time." Jake said.
"Well like I said... I really don't care if I die anymore or not..I mean my whole life is so pointless.. I trained for nothing...my brother trained me and when I finally got my speed power and he's not here to see it." Isabelle said.
"He'll be so proud of you Isabelle. But don't say that you don't care that you live anymore or not... because Sebastian's death will be worth nothing if you don't live." Jake said.
"Wow where's that Jake who was so annoying and was such a jerk?" Isabelle asked.
"Oh he's still there somewhere.." Jake said with a smirk.
"Um...I wanted to ask you something...I sort of overheard your conversation with Ezra.." Isabelle said.
"Oh right you were in my car.."
"What did he mean when he said you volunteer just for a teenage girl's happiness?" Isabelle's asked. She kind of knew the answer but she really hoped the answer she thought in her head was not true.
"I think you already know the answer Isabelle." Jake said as he got up and walked near to the window.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Isabelle asked.
"Bye Isabelle see you around." Jake said.
"Wait! Are you going back?" Isabelle asked.
"Oh I'm not returning home that fast. I've still got some unfinished business to do." Jake said. " But I may not disturb you for a few days if that's what you're worried about. Try not to miss so much when I'm gone." Jake said with a smirk as he got out of the window.
This is so wrong on so many levels
___________________________
So guys Isabelle's family finally met Lily and they seem to like her very much. Well this is not the last chapter...but it's almost the end. I'm still thinking about a sequel for this book because I still have more characters for you guys to meet. Till then check out the next chapter. Btw the song above especially the chorus just makes it really sad when Sebastian death comes into my mind. Don't forget to vote, comment and just enjoy the story.✌🏻Love, Cally 💋