2. Met him finally

Chloe's POV

The building was a beautiful existence, I couldn't get enough of how sophisticated everything looked. As I entered the place there was a dark walnut wood covering the entire huge left-hand wall, making it look intimidating but also very gorgeous.

The leather sofa with a fur rug over the back and an Indian blanket draped over the arm gave a feel of how expensive everything is. The far wall has a large painting of three jazz musicians dominating the centre, with bookshelves lining it on either side.In front of that reception was an upright piano and bench in dark walnut.

Hanging on the wall above the piano is an abstract painting of jazz musicians. Seems like the owner has a liking for music. There was a double door before the piano which leads out to a patio, which was another place for the visitors.

The place looked more like a seven star hotel rather than an office. Everything so expensive and lavish, gave a hint the owner definitely is a person of taste. I was very impressed. And don't blame me I have a thing for rich movable property.

Humph.

As much as I admired the site I was very anxious as well. Obviously I wasn't there on a hangout, so as I took every step forward, my nervousness rose up. I was looking around when my eyes went in the direction of a beautiful lady in the reception area. I went towards the counter.

"Hello!" I said, grabbing her attention.

"Yes dear, what may I help you with?" she asked politely.

"I received a message that I've been appointed as the new assistant for Mr. Valentino?" I said it more like a question.

"Oh yes, Chloe Cameron right?" she said and I just nodded.

"I'll just inform and arrange a meeting. Alright? Till then you may rest in the waiting area." She said as she shifted her fingers to the keyboard.

"Okay ma'am. Thank you." I said with a little smile.

I walked down the lobby reaching the foyer which was again another room with rich furniture and dominating wood, and a fresh metallic scent covered the room. The yellow lighting gave it a sexy yet a sophisticated vibe. I entered and seeing I was the only one there, I eased a little, though I was still very worried though.

I opened my phone saw a text from Claire in the notification panel which said 'all the best my sunshine!' a smile came on my lips when I saw that. She really is the most precious human; I genuinely have no idea what I would do without her.

>>

"I mean what can I say? I'm just the best." She said, taking a sip from the glass.

"Yes, you are indeed the best part of my life, but no more wine, give it back." I said, leaning towards her in an attempt to take the glass from her hand, but she was quick enough to toss it in the other hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows getting irritated while she gave me her cheeky smile, closing her eyes as she clearly was super drunk. I sighed, shaking my head. I knew what happens when she gets drunk, so without wasting much time I called her driver to take her home.

"Bruce, don't tell Mr. Grey about her getting drunk again." I said as he helped me, making Claire sit in the car.

He nodded and went towards the driver's seat. "Bye Chloeeee, I love you." Claire sang, giving a flying kiss.

"I love you too. Bruce, take her home quickly." I said waving at her while James nodded driving away.

I sighed as I watched the car going away. I hope they get home safe. I thought to myself. I then shifted my steps towards the parking lot, dragging my feet to my car. Obviously I was horribly tired so all I was thinking about was reaching home as soon as I could.