15| Preparing for the big day|

After I was dropped off at the orphanage by Mal, I freshened up and took a nap to remove the exhaustion that had been mounted up in me in the last two weeks, reason being the pressure of exams.

After I woke up after a good one hour I made my way to the common walk in closet.

It was a massive room. It had six aisles, each of them lined with cupboards and racks on either side of them. The cupboards and racks were paired up, every girl had one rack fit hanging her clothes and a signed door cupboard which had drawer in it and multiple shelves. It was upto us how we maintained it and how we kept our things but one thing was always made sure of, everything is to stay clean.

I walked down the second aisle from the right and made it to my cupboard. I was here to pick what to wear today and pack for the stay in the palace.

I, first examined my rack. I had hung all my casual clothes on one side of the rack. Formal on the other. I started looking at the formal side of my rack. Hoping to find an outfit for tomorrow and the day after, the one that would be appropriate to wear to the palace.

I searched and searched until I had two options. One was a gift from Sophie; it was white long sleeved, button up shirt paired with black slacks. Sophie gave me this outfit on my birthday which was six months ago, and I haven't worn the outfit anywhere yet.

Option two was a quarter sleeved shirt. It was of a dark blue colour. I paired it with fawn pants and blue stole.

I like them both. I have worn option two before when I was invited to Malissa's family dinner last month. They have this way of keeping close to their family members. There is a dinner biannually. Mal thought it was a good idea for me to come too so that I could meet all her family. So that is where I wore the blue outfit to.

After a lot of brain storming I settled on the white dress. Now all I have to do is pick out another one that I would use the day after and pack it with a sleep wear.

This is awful. I started rummaging again when I heard the door open and close. I didn't look who it was until the person addressed me.

"Yeah." I turned my head towards the voice to find Sophie standing halfway through the aisle, walking towards me.

She had a shopping bag in hand. She approached me fast and started.

"I hoped to find you here. You are always the one to prepare beforehand. The other girls are still doing their daily routine gossips." She said with a shake of heading disapproval of their habit.

"I wanted to pack before this place was herded with them. Doing this alone gives me a peaceful time to decide." I continued by pointing towards the outfit I picked tomorrow. " I think I have one attire ready. What do you think?"

She looked at the garb I had picked. She beamed at the recognition of it.

"It is a good choice. It's according to the requirement. But I also brought this for you." She extended the shopping bag to me. "I went to grab myself something to wear tomorrow to look presentable. I saw this and I thought you'd like it." She ended with a smile.

I peeked into the bag and saw something peach neatly folded protected by a plastic cover.

"Thank you Sophie."

I hugged her and when I pulled away she had this encouraging look on her that made me take the dress out of the layers that enclosed it.

I carefully peeled of the plastic cover and unfolded the dress. It was light peach knee length dress.

I held it against myself and gushed over it. It was pretty.

"Go on. Try it." Sophie said. I looked at her and back at the dress and nodded. I made my way to the changing rooms.

I peeled of my current T shirt and shorts. I pulled the gorgeous dress down my body. The dress was exactly my size. It's hem hovered over my knees. Actually covering the whole knee cap. On the bodice small similar peach coloured beads were scattered. There was a seam that separated the skirt part of it from the bodice around the upper abdomen.

The skirt wasn't a puffy ball gown type. It was single layered. I liked it.

I stepped out of the changing room and walked to wear Sophie was standing near the full length mirrors. She was holding one of my strappy semi-formal sandals which matched with the dress. Guess she did a little survey in my shoe cupboard.

"Thank you Sophie this is Awesome! You were right when you thought I would like it. I love it." I smiled.

"Pleasure dear." She answered with a similar smile to mine.

I took the sandals from her hand. "And thank you again for picking out the shoes. Saved me five minutes of my precious life."

Sophie laughed. "I sure did. I am honoured." She said bowing

I joined her ,also laughing, "Thank you my gallant knight,the epitome of valour." I said with all the seriousness I could muster at the moment

"Anything for my lady." Sophie said copying the same serious tone, she even made it sound grave.

We burst out laughing again.

"A good laugh. I will leave you to pack, dearie." Sophie said. With that she turned to walk away. I rushed forward enveloping her in hug and thanked her fie the dress she brought that I was currently in.

After Sophie left I changed out of the dress. I hung it on the hanger and put it on the far most side of the rack.

I kept the shoes there too. I decided that I would wear the peach dress tomorrow and white one on my way back from the palace the day after. I took out my backpack and placed my folded chosen white blouse and black slacks in it.

Next I had to choose jewellery. For the very reason I stood before my cupboard, accessories drawer open. I chose peach and silver coloured studs and a silver necklace which had a star with a small peach rhinestone attached to it. It was one of the random gifts that came without reason.

Sophie would just come and say 'here this is for you'. At first I used to ask 'why' but then I got used to getting a shrug or 'nothing just out of love' for an answer. No wonder I had treasures of jewellery. Necklaces and bracelets of almost all colours and designs.

I chose to let my wrists be bear with a exception of my lucky bracelet. With my white and black outfit I chose a set of red bangles, there were three of them, the middle one broader than the rest two along with that were my flower shaped red tops.

I boxed the bangles and the tops in a spare container and kept in my back pack. The last thing that I needed to pack was my night suit so, I pulled out my cotton trousers and a loose button up shirt. This was the night suit I usually wore at Mal's house when we had a sleepover. We have those very scarcely though because it takes a hell of an effort to convince Madame.

Having done with my packing I decided to head out of the closet. I saw Lily by the corner of the common room, supervising the lot of the girls in there. She is one of the caretakers, a staff member at the orphanage.

I walked upto her because I had to remind her that she has to prepare Anya's back pack and puck her clothes for tomorrow. After that I watched some TV with the other girls. The dinner was there soon and while the rest of the selected girls went into the closet to prepare for tomorrow I went to the dorm room.

I picked up a novel from the book shelf in the common room on my way in. I like to read the modern classic. I did not like all the 15th century works that Mal adored. That is the acient classic. The work from the last two centuries are regarded as modern classic (20th and 21st )

I started reading the novel in the dim light in the room. One of my bad habits. I can't resist the urge of reading so that's how I quench my desire to read. I started feeling dizzy so I closed my novel which I had read halfway through, I tucked it under the pillow. I closed my eyes to sleep.

Tomorrow was big day.

I wouldn't let my mind think over that though because if I let it them I would end up with over thinking and loss of sleep. That is something I would love to avoid.

So I turned, pulled my sheet over myself, made my self comfortable and drifted off to sleep.