Chapter 47: The End (Real)

"When can I meet her?" Jimin asked the doctor who had just came out of the other patient's room.

"Uh...Mr Park, your wife is in a medical condition. She hit something..."

"What?" Jimin asked and the doctor turned around to look at the hallway, which appeared to be no one.

"Your wife...she can't have babies anymore. That's what I just found out." The doctor said and Jimin eyes teared up.

"What?" He croaked and the doctor gulped, needing to be professional at his job.

"No..." Jimin cried in his palms and the doctor just awkwardly patted him at the back.

"I think you should go and meet your wife now. Do not frighten her, she knows about the news." The doctor reminded him.

Jimin nodded his head as he wiped his tears. He walked down the hallway to his wife's ward.

"Hana?" He called out as he closed the door.

He heard nothing as if the room was empty. As soon as he reached the bed, he saw no one. It was empty. No one was there. He creased his eyebrows in confusion. Where was she?

He went to go to the toilet to check if she was there but still she was not found. He strolled towards the bed and he saw something that caught his eyes. A note left on the table beside the bed.

Dear Jiminie,

Yes. I know my hand writing is ugly but that was because of my condition right now. Anyways,

Today I found out that I can't get pregnant anymore... I know there are such thing as "test tube" babies but that will cost a lot if you want our own baby. I am so so sorry Jimin. We both know we want to built a family but I don't think this is working out.

You would want to have a wife that is much more cheerful and kinder towards you, everything I'm not after this incident. I just can't bare to look at you again, not because I don't love you but because I will feel guilty.

I've done so much wrong and now I'm making you a hard time. I guess it is better if I leave you so you can live your life freely without having something to hold you back. I am so sorry for the loss of our child and not telling you about me being pregnant.

I am not worth to be taken care of. Thank you so much for everything else... I love you and trust me, this was the hardest note I have yet to write.

Love,

Ms Hana.

Jimin bit his lip before crumpling the piece of note. How did she leave? When did she left? Why does she thinks of herself that way?

So many questions were going through his head as he stared at the crumpled sheets of the bed angrily.

"Hana!" He yelled as he held the note tightly.

"Why? I love you! Where are you? Don't leave me." Jimin muttered as he slowly sat down on the floor.

"You're not even properly recovered!" He exclaimed.

"Don't leave me." He said again and again, hoping she will come back.

"You're not a regret. I love being married with you. You're everything that I want. Please just come back." He whispered even though he knew she would not come back.

"Mr Park! Your wife is gone..." The nurse who burst into the room stopped as she saw Jimin looked at the crumpled note.

"Uh..."

"I know. Let me ask you a question nurse, how could you leave a patient unattended when they are clearly not well or worse, close to dying." Jimin asked as he stood up.

"I'm so sorry Mr Park but I was out to grab my mini dinner and Mrs Park said that she was alright."

"You know girls. They lie. Look at her and see if she was completely fine to be alone. No! And obviously, if I was able to go in my wife's room maybe she'll still be here!" Jimin yelled at the nurse and she was startled.

"I'm not sorry but you do not deserve to be a fucking nurse. You suck at your job...now my wife is gone to I don't even know where!" He yelled again and she stood there silent, feeling hurt as the insults hits her hard.

He wasn't wrong though. That was the worst part. He was actually correct. Mrs Park looked super sick and she should have stayed.

"There's no point anyway." Jimin shrugged as he pushed past her before going out of the ward.