Chapter 12: Death by Invasion

[Insert intro music] 'Let's play a game. Where all of the lives we live, can change.'

hi. hi. hi. hi. hi.

I didn't proof read...hehe.

Please vote & comment if you enjoy. I love reading comments.

xoxo

:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

* * *

            I was free-falling, staring up at a stormy sky that had a gaping black hole at the center of it, where lightning struck and clouds spun around in a vortex. I was wearing a yellow dress, which was oddly untouched by the air around me as I fell. I was calm. I reached my arms outwards towards the clouds as if someone would grasp them, but nobody ever did.

             The drop was endless. I knew I was dreaming. I also knew that I had no control over it.  

            I turned over, spreading my arms out, facing the dark, menacing, and endless seam of ocean water below. I was gaining on it. Feet away, inches... I closed my eyes as I crashed through the freezing cold water, spiraling deeper into the ocean's belly. Like a cyclone, the water spiraled around me, cocooning my body in a tight prison, suspended in-between the surface of the ocean and the bottom.

            Underneath the black surface, the water was a bright, clear blue.

            Something large crashed through the water at an awkward angle, dark red ribbons of blood and bubbles surrounding the massive frame. They were almost immediately wrapped in a cyclone of water, just as I had been before, except this time, the cyclone was black and much larger and frightening, and it was forcing its prey rapidly towards the bottom of the ocean.

            Something bad was going to happen. I reached outwards again, stretching towards the surface of the water, as if someone would grasp my hands and free me from the ocean.

            A muffled scream from the cyclone met my ears. I tore my gaze towards towards the black cyclone, and the prisoner's arms shot out of the cocoon before they reached the bottom of the ocean. They had bulky, muscular arms enveloped with beautiful, yet haunting obsidian colored markings. All at once, the prisoner viciously exited the cyclone, rocketing towards me like a shark, their powerful arms and legs eating up the distance between us. There was shadow that fell over his face, too thick for me to process anything about him except his lean physique, and torn, odd clothing. The cyclone of water seemed to reach for the man's feet as he raced towards me, but he was swimming too inhumanly fast for it to catch up to him.

            The man grabbed onto my hands, bringing us both towards the surface of the water. 

            I was in a park, surrounded by large trees. It was sunny and warm, and I was barefoot. The grass beneath my feet felt like pillows. My eyes roamed over my surroundings until I spotted a familiar swing left in solitude, and wooden fixtures built up into a tree house next to it.

            It was Thomas Gregory's playground he used to have in his backyard when we were kids.

            A butler stood near the playground, hands clasped elegantly in front of himself, with a bored expression on his face. A younger version of my mother, as well as two other women sat on a patio, chatting around tropical drinks.

            "Slow down!" a boy cried.

             A little girl with black hair dressed in a frilly yellow dress and pig tails rushed past me towards the tree house holding stuffed brown bear. She had a mud stain on the front of her dress as well as one on her cheek. A massive smile lit her face as she neared the tree house, running from a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes behind her.