The Kiss

Annabeth POV
After the date with Percy, Leo and Calypso decided to drive back home for a meeting and Percy and I stayed and talked for awhile.

"I was wondering when I could take you on a second date?" Percy asked me as we got up and walked to the entrance.

    "Not so fast, Seaweed Brain, I only came for the food," I joked with him. He pretend pouted.

    "Why do all my dates leave me for food?" He said and I laughed.

   "But seriously, I had fun," I commented. He grinned.

    "I did too," he said.

"Are you sure you want to go through the front door?" he asked me while we walked to the entrance of the restaurant.

   "What, are you too embarrassed to be seen with me?" I said and smiled.

  He was about to reply when I accidentally stumbled and felt a soft hand grab mine. Percy pulled me up. I noticed our faces were very close to each other. I blushed crazily. He leaned in-

Before he could come any closer, the door opened and I covered my face as a thousand flashes came towards me eyes. The paparazzi.

'No,' I thought. They probably took pictures of Percy and I. Percy frowned and grabbed my hand gently and pulled me towards the swarming crowd of paparazzi. When were there this many of them? I felt Percy's soft hand on mine and blushed. Then I felt more flashes on me.

"Percy, are you dating Annabeth?"

"Annabeth, how do you feel about Rachel and the scandal?"

"How's Piper?"

    Then Percy dragged me into the middle of the crowd. He frowned once again. Then he turned back to me and I felt him lean against me. Then he suddenly kissed me. I felt his soft lips on mine and I kissed him back. I was surprised, but flustered. The crowd went wild and took more pictures, but I didn't care. After kissing him  for about 30 seconds, I pulled back.

    I made a confused expression on my face. Seaweed Brain came and whispered in my ear," Am I embarrassed now?" I blushed.

   Then, I finally noticed the paparazzi around us getting closer. They were still yelling questions at us and flashing even more pictures.

   They seemed more wild now. Percy led me to the parking lot where I got into my car and he got into his. I smiled as I started the car and began to drive out with the paparazzi following my tail. Did that just happen?