The Mikaelson Ball

Music is playing

Music is playing. Rebekah is having her nails polished by an assistant. Kol is standing before a full-length mirror wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Finn and Elijah are also standing in the room preparing for the ball. i left my dress in my Mum's room so I shall fetch that later, instead, I loll on the Mikaelson sofa, reading the Stefan's diaries.

"Evie? Tell me how handsome I am. " Kol says, flaunting his suit.

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled."I reply as Finn smirks, Klaus storms into the room, disturbing the peaceful atmosphere with an annoyed look.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" Klaus says,glaring at Elena.

"Here we go." I mutter under my breath, Rebekah smiles at me.

" Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus growls.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"Kol asks exasperatedly, turning away from the mirror.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself"Klaus mocks.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol asks.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus glares as I snap my book closed, throwing it to the side.

"Klaus." I warn, but he just ignores me.

"Then perhaps we should go outside" Kol says, expression just as angry as Klaus's. I begin to feel very awkward surrounded by arguing, so, abruptly, I decide to take my ass out side, where I can happily swoon at the sight of my new golf buggy...

It is not there, I frown in confusion, looking all around me to see if Klaus has moved it or something. Annoyed, I head back into the house.

"Klaus?" I ask, as he leaves the room after a conversation with his Mother.

"Yes, Evie."He sighs.

"Have you seen my golf buggy?" I ask, growing more confused by the minute. How can a golf buggy just disappear?

"Ah, yes, that awful contraption, I tuck it back." He says casually as my mouth drops.

"You what?" I ask, hoping I had confused him.

"I tuck it back." He continues. "You act too much like a six year old and if my enemy's met you, they would think you're weak, so I'm going to grow you some back bone, toughen you up and make you grow up." I frown, slightly hurt. He thinks I'm weak? He smiles at me as I frown deeper, is he embarrassed of me?

"Why?" I ask, frowning deeper.

"Because I can't be seen dating the weak."He shrugs, as if it's nothing. Annoyed, I swing my arm back and slap my hand across his cheek, leaving a red mark. He turns back to me, furious.

"You can find someone else to go to your stupid ball with, I'm too weak for you to go with."I say, calmly walking out of his house.

___________________________________________________________________-