60. Seeing

60. Seeing

Reborn

"Your existence is bothersome." Reborn told Russo at some point, "it's like you're a fly. A nuisance in the air. irritating. Not supposed to be there."

And Russo had laughed. "Harsh!" he feigned hurt, "You're sharp!"

Sharp? Sharp-tongued, or sharp-minded?

"You match Lambo in being annoying. You should have a contest sometime." Reborn grumbled, unable to word the question.

Russo chuckled again. "Hey, I'm useful too!" 

"In what way?" Reborn taunted. "You're less useful than Lambo, as far as I can see."

Reborn couldn't believe that he was actually irritated. He's been trying to taunt this man into getting angry for a while now, with no luck. It was a first, and Reborn really didn't like losing.

"I'm actually pretty strong!" Russo tried, "Like, I had a black belt in karate, taekwondo, and wushu!" he gave a toothy, prideful grin-- 

Reborn noticed he had strong similarities to Takeshi-- but he dismissed it as it didn't matter.

"Aside from that," Russo raised his left hand, eyeing the ring on his left middle finger. A metallic silver ring-- and he grinned, a malicious, irritated grin-- "I can see the future."

Before Reborn could decide on rolling his eyes or calling it bullshit, the sound of a sharp siren rang and blared and resounded through the whole base.

Reborn stood up, alarmed.

Russo grinned wider. "Hey, Reborn!" he called to the infant, "How many bets on Hibari Kyouya returning to base?"

-

(TYL) Rei

Placing the comb down, Rei pulls his hair to one side, a low, side pigtail. Brushing his hair once more with his fingers, Rei binds it with a simple hair tie.

"I've been meaning to ask for ages," Belphegor called from the bed, slumping lazily and messily as if he owned it, "In both the degrading and not-degrading way, why do you always act like a girl? Is it because you trained under Lussuria?"

Rei was unfazed. He looked in the mirror and picked up a pair of earrings from the box to the side. "Well," he began to answer the question, "I guess you could say so. I thought I'd embrace my inner woman, y'know?" he rolled his eyes in sarcasm.

But yeah, he admitted. I've surely started to resemble a girl more than I was ten years ago.

Rei recalled his own appearance. To his longer, light brown hair; to his bright green eyes; to his dark purple hooked earrings; to the rings on his fingers; and most importantly to the tattoo circling around his left wrist.