Jaw breaker

Hey everyone, I'm back. If you guys could make sure you've voted/ commented please don't be ghosts❤️

"What the hell are you doing out?!" Connor screamed, steam practically puffing out of his ears. Brooklynn glanced at Naomi who was avoiding eye contact with Connor.

Great, I guess I'm on my own. Brook thought to herself, before she stood up. She praised herself when she realized the heels made her almost the exact same height as Connor. And Connor, well he wasn't happy with anything that was happening.

"I got out," Brooklynn said. She looked Connor straight in the eyes, knowing that every second she was insubordinate, was pushing Connor even further over the edge. "Is there an issue with me getting to know the pack?" She asked, innocently.

"I told you to stay in the room, that was an order! And you disobeyed me!" He yelled, his face growing red. Brooklynn hoped that the oxygen wasn't getting to his head and that he would just drop dead.

"Oh yeah? And why would I listen to you?" Brooklynn hissed, very aware of how badly she was pushing her luck. "You have nothing left to threaten me with."

Connor seemed to think for a second, knowing the one thing that Brooklynn did have left that she didn't want to lose.

"I'll kill your pack, every single one of them even down to the pups if you don't listen."

What kind of monster would kill pups? Brooklynn was disgusted, but she didn't show it.

"Then you'd lose all of your leverage, you would have no way to threaten me or no way to control me. You'd be powerless." Brooklynn stood up straighter, wanting to see how far she could push the power hungry alpha.

And Connor, well he didn't know what to do. He was being disrespected in front of his pack. He wanted to punish her, to show her who was the boss. But then his wolf was begging him to just let it go, he didn't want to hurt his mate anymore than he already had.

"Go back to the room, now." Connor growled, silently pleading with his mate to just do as he said. But before Brooklynn could protest and finally push him over the edge, Naomi stepped in.

"I'll take her back to her room," Brook threw an irritated stare at Naomi, who refused to look at her. "Come on," Naomi whispered. Giving Connor one last glare for good measure, Brooklynn turned on her heel and walked right past Naomi.

She nodded at some of the pack elders who flashed her small smiles, before she exited the hall.

"Brooklynn, wait up!" She heard Naomi's heels clicking rapidly, in an attempt to keep up with Brook. Brook however, didn't bother to slow down. "Calm down." Naomi said, catching up to Brook's side.

"Yeah okay, I just had my fucking family threatened and you're telling me to calm down?" Brooklynn shot a glare at Naomi who seemed to go speechless.

Naomi didn't know what to say, she had to admit that she was relatively shocked when Connor threatened the pups. He had never killed any pups before, and she was certain he was just saying that to scare Brooklynn.

"Naomi, I can't stay here. This might be your home, but it isn't mine. I have a family that I am supposed to protect, but I can't do that if I'm being held prisoner." Brooklynn reached her door, stopping right outside of it so she could face Naomi.

"Brook, please. You don't understand." Naomi pleaded. "Connor, he isn't the monster you think he is. Sure he's an ass, but he loves his pack. More than anything, his pack is his family and he's just trying to maintain order."

"And my family isn't? Is mine not important here, Naomi you guys have murdered countless packs under his order and you're okay with that?" Naomi went silent, Brook's words echoing painfully loud through her head.