42: cake.

[UNEDITED]

A day in bed sounds ideal right now but, it's not happening today. My hair is pulled back into a bun, a full face of make up is applied to my face to hide my restless night and the spots that decided to break out on my face.

I couldn't sleep properly after seeing Harry for the first time last night in two months. I wish I let him stay with me, maybe we could have spoken together at the small bench I was at. Maybe I'd have woken up with him this morning, the dark bags under my eyes maybe would have subsided and I'd look a tad bit more happier and alive. But I stupidly sent him away in hopes that I could figure out what I was going to do alone, but after I made one choice at the bench by the time I got home I decided to change the choice.

As I said, I'm indecisive.

The sunshine peeped through the cracks between the fluffy clouds, and the soft subtle breeze grazed the skin that wasn't covered.

The walk to work took no time at all, it seemed as though nobody was on the streets today. My head was down as my focus was solely on my feet as they walked upon the black pavement. Left foot in front of the right, one of the plastic aglets on the end of my shoelace constantly dragged against the concrete. The thing I love about April time is that it's not too warm or too cold, it's the right kind of breeze that delicately allows the goosebumps on your skin to arise.

The cool door handle of the cafe was cool against the warmth of my palm, the waft of heat from inside wrapped around me like a soft blanket. I was swept inside by the warmth and the sweet scents lingering through the cafe at this hour already.

"Lynn? It's me, Luna," I called, shutting the door behind me and turning the sign over that now read 'open'.

"In the back, dear," she responded, followed by a loud clatter. I hurriedly headed for the back room following the mumbled string of Lynn's annoyance. There she was, on her knees as she picked up the different sized pots and lids that had fell from the small cupboard under the table top. "Wow, you look rough," she muttered as she looked at me, her widened eyes squeezed shut as she cringed at her comment. "Sorry. Sometimes I don't think before I speak."

Which I already know about her. There's many times she has just blurted her inner feelings without a second thought. It's oddly entertaining, yet somewhat insulting.

I know I look rough, especially today as my night was once again filled with endless tossing and turning. "I saw Harry last night."

My sentence made her stand up and freeze, staring at me with her wide eyes. "You did? Why?"

"He was putting down flowers to my parents grave, it was my mother's birthday yesterday," I explained briefly. "I got a shock seeing him there of course, he then said he wanted to talk but I told him to leave."

"Do you regret telling him to leave?" She asked curiously, letting her focus slip to the bakes she was creating.

"I'm not sure yet," I shrugged. "I made a decision last night but I don't know if I think it's a good idea."

"What was it?"

Just before I could tell her what I decided to do, the bell above the front door rung out. The chiming noise pulling me away from Lynn and through to the front room. I guess talking about Harry is out the window as I need to start work.

__

"We're busy today," Lynn sighed, leaning against the back counter as I finished boxing up someone's order to take away.

"Right," I grinned, I loved when it was busier than normal days. It's fun. I passed the boxes of sweet treats to the young girl behind the counter that eagerly slipped away to eat. I turned around and watched as Lynn swiped down the counter with a wet cloth.