CHAPTER 21

Later that night, after Cordelia visited Pierce, he was able to leave for home. He was completely healed and felt better.

"You really scared me, Pierce. I thought I had lost you." Cordelia told Pierce when they approached the door after the silent walk home. Pierce looked down at her and gave her a sad smile. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, love." He told her and gently wrapped his arms around her and kissed her softly on the lips. Cordelia pulled back and looked up at Pierce. "Well you did. And what you said to me the other day kind of stung too." Cordelia said and started to open the door but Pierce put his hand on hers and pulled the door shut.

"What are you talking about?" Pierce asked, honestly clueless. Cordelia avoided his eyes for a minute. "Dels?" He asked. She sighed and looked up at him. "How I was only nineteen and that I had no idea what I was doing. Well no duh, Pierce. I don't know what I'm doing. But you didn't have to point it out." She told him and started to open the door again but Pierce pulled it shut again. "Cordelia, I didn't mean to hurt you. Okay?" He said. She looked into his eyes for a second but pushed the door open before Pierce could pull it shut. "That's what you always say." She growled lowly and walked into the house.

Genevieve, Michael, and Kaden were all in the living room eating some sort of spaghetti tacos until they looked up at the arguing couple. "What do you mean by that?" Pierce asked as he followed her into the home. "You always say you don't mean to but you somehow find a way to." She scolded and stomped into the hallway and into their bedroom. "You can sleep on the couch tonight!" She called and slammed and locked the door.

Pierce huffed. "What did you do to that poor girl?" Genevieve asked and ate some spaghetti that had fallen from the hard taco shell. Pierce gave her a sideways glance. "Me? Why do you always blame me for her and I's arguments?" He asked. Genevieve shrugged. "You are kind of an asshole." She said simply and drank some water.

Pierce rolled his eyes and walked to the bedroom door and knocked. "Cordelia?" He called. Seconds later the door opened partially with Cordelia's hands full of stuff. It was pajamas, a pillow, and a blanket. "Here." She said and dropped the things in his hands and tried to close the door but Pierce slid his foot between the door and the frame. "We need to talk." He said and slightly pushed on the door but Cordelia stopped it from opening fully. "I'm naked. You can't come in." She huffed.

Pierce stifled a chuckle. "Babe, I have seen you naked before. Come on." He said and tried to open the door again but Cordelia closed it and locked it. "Nope." She called. Pierce groaned and walked out into the living room with the stuff. "I see you got kicked out of your room." Kaden giggled as she took everyone's plates and put them in the kitchen. Pierce lowly growled. 

Michael stretched, groaned, and got out of his chair. "K and I should get going. We have to meet up with her parents in the morning." Michael said as Kaden came over and grabbed his hand. "Aren't we going to tell them?" Kaden asked him in a small whisper. Michael raised his eyebrows at her in confusion until he realized what she was talking about. "Ya. You can tell them."

"Tell us what?" Genevieve asked as she got out of her chair and stretched too. "I'm pregnant. We just found out this morning." Kaden couldn't contain her excitement. Genevieve smiled at Kaden. "That's great. Congrats." Genevieve said and gave Kaden a hug. Kaden and Genevieve talked for awhile until Kaden and Michael left. Pierce felt awkward sitting there listening to baby stuff Kaden and Genevieve talked about.

"Well. I guess everyone else has retired to their homes or beds. Other than you." Genevieve giggled and started to leave for her room. "Ya, ya." Pierce said. While Genevieve and Kaden were talking, Pierce had went to change into his pajamas and had settled into the couch as Michael and Kaden left. "Good night, Pierce." Genevieve yawned before entering her room and closing the door.