Emma

This chapter has NOT been edited! 

***

I was having a good day until I saw Emma running out of the hospital with tears streaming down her face. 

"Emma?" I called out but she didn't seem to see or hear me. I was about to run up to her when another person beat me to it. 

"I know you want to keep it but just think about your future. Think about his future." 

"I am!" Emma cried as she continued speed walking further and further away. The man followed her and feeling worried about my best friend, I also followed. 

"Look, you can't just act this way because you're angry. Think about the child. What will you do when you give birth and your whole life turns to ruins? He already said he doesn't want it so will you be able to look after the baby on your own?"

I froze in my spot, feeling all the blood drain from my body. Emma was pregnant? Not being able to stay quiet anymore, I ran towards them.

"Emma!" I called out. "What is going on?" I turned toward the man, "Who are you?"

"Don't forget what I said," he said to Emma before disappearing. 

"What is going on?" I asked once again, this time more stern. Emma didn't answer. Instead, she pushed herself into my arms and cried her eyes and heart out. 

***

"Are you really not going to say anything?" I asked Emma as we sat on the bench at the park right in the centre of our houses.

"Do you remember when we first met?" Emma asked, sniffing.

"You saved me from getting hit by a car."

I was even clumsier as a teen than I am as an adult. One day, I was stupidly trying to save a hurt dog that was lying in the middle of a road when a car came charging towards me. Emma was in the passenger seat at the time and when the shock-filled driver started to panic, she somehow managed to get her senses straight and steer the car away from me and into a tree on the side of the road. Both Emma and the driver broke some bones but no one else was hurt.. That was the beginning of our relationship. 

"You said you'll pay me back for it someday," Emma said, wiping her tears, "so pay me back by not asking any question please."

"Emma, you're like a sister to me," I began, feeling a little upset by her words. "If something is going on, don't keep the burden to yourself. I'm more than happy to listen and even help if I can," I begged. 

More tears dropped from Emma's eyes. She wiped them away before turning to me and taking my hands in her's. 

"Azra..." Emma trailed off. I squeezed her hand, trying to comfort her a little. She looked back into my eyes before saying, "I'm pregnant." 

I was speechless. I mean, I had heard about it from the mouth of the man she was talking to earlier but I guess I hadn't accepted it. Hearing it from Emma's own mouth only meant that it was real

I wanted to congratulate her but the look on her face was telling me she didn't want that. 

"W-who is the baby's father?" I asked instead. I realised what a stupid question that was when Emma began to hysterically cry. 

I didn't know what to do or say. A pregnancy in general was a happy occasion but for someone like Emma, it could be the end of her. Although her family situation may seem perfect on the outside, her parents had always been very strict towards Emma. A single glance towards a male would have her grounded for weeks. Emma's mother wasn't from a wealthy family herself so it took her years and years to get those snobby socialites to accept her into their clique. If her mother was to ever find out about this situation, she would do more than just kill her. She would have her removed from the family register and leave her to rot on the streets all alone.

"He doesn't want the baby nor me," she cried into my arms. "He told me to get an abortion."

I swore under my breath as I rubbed Emma's hair. 

"What are you going to do now?" 

She sat back up, and shrugged her shoulders. Seeing Emma like this was breaking my heart. Out of the two of us, Emma was always the rock in our relationship. I had never seen her look weak, not even once in my whole entire life. The Emma in front of me right now was a whole new person. She looked absolutely shattered. 

"Do you want to keep the baby?" I asked when she didn't reply. 

"I don't know," she sniffed, "I have my whole life ahead of me. I still haven't finished my studies and if my parents find out, they'll kill me." 

"I really don't know what to say," I honestly told my best friend. 

"I told him about the baby and he thought I was lying to trap him," she said as she wiped her tears away. "When I showed him the proof he told me I was doing all this because I was a gold digger."

I cussed once again.

"I knew he wasn't serious with me. All he wanted was to sleep with me. But he was being so different lately. I honestly thought he had good feelings towards me," she broke down once again.

I just let her cry into my arms. She spoke when she wanted to and when she didn't, she just cried. This pattern went on for a couple more minutes until Emma began to feel exhausted." 

"Can I stay over at your house for a while?" Emma asked me. 

"Of course! You don't even have to ask." 

Emma slightly smiled before we stood up and left to my house. I didn't know what would happen after this or how Emma would deal with everything that would follow. However, one thing was certain and that was that no matter what, I would be right beside Emma, supporting her with whatever she wanted to do.