His Decision

{Season 4 Spoilers}

         Keith was very hard to reason with when he got all worked up, sometimes I still wonder how I managed to be his fiancé. He would huff and puff, pace around, mumble things under his breath and then lock himself into his room. I basically memorized every move he made whenever something was bothering him, but he's been acting differently lately...

       Ever since we made good terms with the Blade of Marmora, Keith would be gone with them doing who knows what. At first it didn't bother me because he'd be back at a reasonable time to help out the team with small missions to support the coalition, but then his disappearances became more frequent. Which led to him missing more missions with his team, I started becoming worried, I don't mean to sound cheesy but the bed has been colder without him. I missed waking up to see his sleepy face or just being with him, hearing his deep voice, looking into his metallic purple eyes, or the feeling of his lips on mine. I missed him...

       The Paladins and I stood in the control room of the castle, feeling embarrassed and ashamed of what happened at the performance. We had a specific plan to form Voltron and bring people hope, to rebel and join the coalition against the Galran Empire, but we couldn't because no one was there to pilot the Black Lion.

      The door slid open and we all looked, expecting Keith...

      He stood there with a surprised expression, he must've noticed the atmosphere of the situation.

  "Guys... I-" He paused and looked to the side. "I heard what happened... I'm sorry I wasn't there to help." He looked back at us and for a brief moment our eyes met. I wanted to run up to him and pepper him with kisses after not seeing him for what seemed to be forever, but I was mad at him for not showing up.

     "You keep saying sorry but your actions say otherwise, do you realize that your absence put the team in jeapordy?" Allura made her point, I felt bad for Keith but he put it on himself for not having his priorities in order.

      "And not just the team, the refugees as well!" Lance countered, he rested his hands on his hips while glaring at Keith.

       "Matter of fact the entire quadrant was endanger." Pidge spoke up with a tinge of authority in her voice.

   "This is not the way I wanted this to happen..." Keith looked back down to the side, he fidgeted nervously under the mean stares from the Paladins.

     "...But if there's a bright side to any of this," He looked back up at us and took a step forward. "It's that Shiro was able to re-establish his bond with the Black Lion, he can finally be the leader I was unable to be, I'm not meant to pilot the Black Lion."

        "Is that why you've been pulling away from us?" Allura asked, an expression of hurt now readable on her face.

         "Yea...I suppose that's part of it..." Keith's jaw was set, something was going through his mind as all of this unfolded.

          Keith then began to explain about a mission that he needed to be a part of, to track down Lotor, to find out what he needed the quintessence for. Then Shiro walked up to him, setting his hand on his shoulder.

       "You do what feels right, just remember we're always here for you whenever you need us." Shiro's "dad" side was coming out, he spoke in a soothing voice.

        "I know you are, and I can't tell you how much that means to me." Keith and Shiro hugged, I hadn't realized a small smile was on my face, and I was a bit teary eyed along with the team.

       "I can't be left out of this!" Hunk cried out and all the Paladin's joined Keith and Shiro into a group hug, minus myself. I wasn't much of a "group hugs" fan.

"We're really gonna miss you!"

"Yea, who am I gonna make fun of?"

"I know you'll make us proud."

      I looked down at my hands, the glistening gold ring adorned my finger shone ever so brightly like always. I didn't notice the Paladin's and Keith watching me.

     "We should give you two some privacy..." Allura stepped out of the hug.

      "Agreed, you should go talk to ________, she'll be the most affected out of all of us..." Shiro spoke up as they disbanded from the hug.

       They all walked out, only Keith and I stood a few feet away from eachother, I was still staring down at the wedding ring, the one that bounds us together. I heard him walk up to me, he took my hands in his. He let out a soft sigh.

      "I'm sorry _________... I have to... they need me." Keith looked at me and I finally gazed up at him, a flash of guilt shone in his eyes as soon as he met my broken expression.

       "Keith, like Shiro said... you just do what feels right, nobody's gonna stop you..." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. I felt his hand cup my cheek, his brows were drawn up in worry, his mouth in a straight line, he knew that I was hiding something.

       "__________, I know you don't want me to leave. Trust me I don't want to leave either but... I have to, for the sake of countless lives. I wish I could take you with me but, the team needs you, more than they need me..."

     "Don't say that Keith, you know all too well that you are just important on this team."

       "________..." I hadn't realized I started crying, Keith ran his thumbs over my tears, drying them off. "I'm sorry... Don't worry about me, okay?I'll be fine, I'll try to visit as much as I can... I love you, make sure you take care of everyone for me." He leaned down and kissed my forehead, he pulled away but I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down for another kiss but on the lips. It got heated, but before it could get better we pulled away for oxygen, our faces slightly flushed. "Who's gonna take care of me?" I asked and he gave a reassuring smile.

      "I talked to Shiro, I trust him more than anyone else but you."He replied while letting his hands rub up and down my hips. I gave a little giggle, making his heart flutter. "I love you, and I'm gonna miss you." I stood on my toes to peck him on the lips. "I love you too, I'll miss you more." He replied whilst looking down at me lovingly.

"Don't forget to always wear your ring so nobody tries to steal you from me."

"Same goes to you... Keith..."