Chapter Seven: A Million Hearts and a Million Stars

Nope, no excuse except I work nearly forty hours a week and I'm also taking classes. I'm working hard on rewriting a couple of stories when I have time. Hell, I haven't even caught up on trueblood if that tells you something xD. 

I'm working on a short horror story which I think is weird, but it's because I've been reading Thomas Harris's Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Truman Capote's In True Blood. I'll update against this week. On Saturday since I'll have the day off. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seven: 

A million Hearts and a million Stars 

“You two going together?” The gruff operator asked as my mind froze and tried to think up of something to say, but words weren’t forming very well in my skull. CRAP!

“Yes we are,” John said with a smile as he opened the small door for me. I got in and pressed myself as far to the other side as humanly possible. He sat down with his arm slung over the seat as the ride began going, making uninviting creaking noises. “I’m sorry to have frightened you if I did, but I’ve been dying to meet you since Aaron told me about your scars and how everyone in this town,” he said as he jerked his thumb out into the view Ocean City, “thinks you’re crazy.”

“My reputation precedes me then,” I said with a nervous chuckle, wishing that Drake came with me. Wait a minute...this could be a good thing. “Well, yeah, I’m crazy like everyone says I am. I’ve learned to just go with the flow.”

Oh man, I sound fake even to me!

“But you’re not,” he said as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees. “You can see them, can’t you?”

My fake smile cracked a little. What am I supposed to do? I feel like I’m dancing around a pink elephant or something like that so dramatic that a person should say something, but they don’t because it’s too weird.

Faeries definitely fit the too weird part.“Them?”

His eyes narrowed and he didn’t look like a poster boy anymore. “Those things with wings. Those monsters.”

He didn’t know that I know about the group, so this could work in my favor.

I made my eyes go real big before I said, “Y-You can see them too?” I hoped that sounded helpless enough. John smiled slightly; that’s good. He lifted up his shirt to reveal one ugly scar that started at the right side of his chest and went to his left hip bone. I wanted to tell him, you got off easy bud. But that’s probably not such a good idea at the moment since I’m playing the weak and helpless card. Why do guys fall for that so easily? I could even trick Drake of that when I first met him, but now he sort of knew better.

“Yes,” he told me as he dropped the shirt and reached over to grab my hand. I leaned back, thinking about how Drake would’ve blared angrily on how he had no right to touch me and that this gesture was more than a comforting gesture and I think at this moment, I might believe him. “You’re not the only one, there’s a lot of other people who can see them too.”

Yes, there are a lot of other people who have a phobia of snakes. I wonder if he was going to study psychology because he sure sounded like a therapist or a school councilor.

I put a hand over my mouth and gasped, “I-I-I just never thought there’d be others like m-m-me.”

“It must have been difficult,” he told me as he put his hand on my knee. “You should come and join us sometime.”