Chapter Eight: Nightmare

I'm free of my evil math class! Wahaha! And I have school in less then a month (sighs) 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight 

I shot up with sweat dripping off my face as I held up my hands to attack someone, but after a moment, I realized I was in my room. Huh? How’d I get here? I looked to see Drake sitting on the edge of my bed with the yellow light of the morning streaming through my windows as he tilted his head at me with one quirked eye brow and a frown on his lips; great, he probably knows what happened in my nightmare already.

“Did you have a bad dream?” Drake asked me as I nodded.

I know we had more things to say to each other, but right then and there I wanted to enjoy the beauty.

“Yeah,” I told him, “how did I get here and...” I looked down, feeling my face flushed, “...and why am I in my pjs?”

“I didn’t think sleeping in your day clothes would be very comfortable,” he admitted. “So I grabbed the gown you wore last night.”

He even took of my bra... “You PERVERT!” I threw a pillow at him, but of course, he caught it with relative ease. “How dare you take off my clothes without my consent!”

“It’s not like I got a free show out of it,” Drake muttered as I threw another pillow. “And stop throwing those things! You’re making a mess!”

“You don’t go taking a girl’s clothes off while she’s passed out!”

“As I said, you looked uncomfortable,” he stated as he glared at me while I stopped and looked at his hands. I touched my hair to find that it wasn’t sticky with blood. I sighed and looked at him, waiting for him to say something, or maybe he was waiting for me to say something. “What did you dream about?”

“You don’t want to know,” I said as I felt the sudden urge to take a shower and scrub my body squeaky clean. Drake sighed as he got up and went over to the door. “Uhm, where are you going?”

“I’m hungry.” He stated before he left and I fell back in the bed.

“Hmmummmm.” I looked over the side of my bed to see Daisy flying up and stepping on my bed as she rubbed her eyes. She looked sort of funny since she sort of reminded me of a teenager who went out partying the night before and had too much to drink, so she passed out in her bed without removing her makeup. Her hair was in tangles and her body slouched as she slowlytried to get up. She must have slept on the floor with Unicorn boy again.

“Hey Daisy, what’s up?” I asked her as I pulled my knees to my chest.

She yawned. “Are you and Drake fighting again?”

“We’re not fighting,” I told her, “we...just aren’t talking.”

“Why?”

I looked at my knees and thought about my dream. “I’m afraid of him,” I admitted softly, “he’ll kill anyone for his queen and one day she can change her mind and kill me. Drake won’t hesitate.”

Daisy stared at me for a moment with her big brown eyes. She blinked a few moments and then asked, “Are you an idiot?”

“What?”

She walked over to me and stared up at me with her hands on her hips before she asked, “Are you an idiot? Because surely, only an idiot would believe that Drake would kill you.”

My right eye twitched. “I am not an idiot! And what makes you so sure?”

“You really...don’t know?” she asked me before she fell quiet, looked at her feet, the ceiling, and then back at me. “You really are an idiot! I mean, how can you not know?” She screamed as she flew up in front of my face and stomped her tiny foot in the air. “It’s so, so, so, so obvious! Don’t you see? He’s in-EEEEKKK!” She screamed as she dodged an orange that missed her by a few inches. It bounced off the wall and landed on Unicorn boy who groaned before sitting up slowly with the offending fruit at hand and glaring at Drake.