Reunion

I lay awake in a cold sweat in my empty cold room, I stared blankly up at the ceiling while clutching my blanket. 'Another nightmare' I thought to myself before turning the other direction, I took deep breathes to calm my rapid beating heart but the disturbing images clouded my mind.

      I tried to close my eyes and get some rest but they kept opening. Feeling frustrated, I decided to go on a stroll around the castle while everyone slept soundly. I sat up and stretched, I let my feet hang off the edge of the bed before letting my toes make contact with the cold floors, making me shiver and retract. I saw the Red lion slippers by the nightstand and I reached over to slide them on my feet.

      I walked out in my pj's and walked quietly in the dark corridors of the castle. Soft snores could be heard from the Paladins and Alteans as I passed their rooms. Once I made it outside the training room, something started to tell me to go to the Red Lion. Everytime I'd push it aside, it seemed to scream louder and louder until I started to get a little headache. So I listened...

      I walked into the hangar of the Red Lion and stood in front of the mighty war ship, her particle barrier activated. I sighed softly and turned around. 'I must be losing my mind...' I thought to myself as I took a step forward towards the exit until I hear Red purr, making me stop abruptly. I looked back at her and her barrier dissipated, her eyes glowed a bright yellow hue. She leaned down and opened her mouth, I hesitated slightly but proceeded to listen to her, I walked in and into the cockpit, the controls lit up a nice crimson hue.

      "What's the matter Red?" I asked and sat down in the chair and grasped the controls, Red began to stand up and started out the castle quickly, leaving the hanger and into endless space. I tried to slow her down or get control but she didn't respond, "Where are you taking me?!" I asked, panic tinged in my tone. Soon the
castle grew smaller until it became a speck from the ditance we traveled, I eventually put my trust in Red.

       After a while of traveling, we made it to a Galra ship, my eyes widened and I clutched the controls tighter. "Why did you bring me here?" I whispered, even though the lion couldn't talk I couldn't help but just be curious. The next thing I knew, the ship blew up out of no where. There was no other space crafts that destroyed it unless it self destructed... but why would it self destruct?

         Debris drifted into different directions, some even hitting the Red Lion but not affecting her. She let out a purr and floated through the dust clouds and trash, opening her mouth, then closing it briefly. I ran out of the cockpit and into the mouth, I saw something, actually someone, groaning and clutching their side.

       I walked up to then and saw that they had the Blade of Marmora uniform, they must have been the ones behind the explosion.

      "Are you alright? My name is _________ Paladin of Voltr-."

       "I know who you are..."

    A wave of nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks, that all too familiar deep voice. I froze and stared at the soldier, my mouth slightly agape. The mask dissipated and I saw him...

       ...My fiancé...

            ...that I haven't seen in a year...

                     ...Keith...

      He looked different from the last time I had seen him, his face became more masculine, his eyes still held that fiery passion, he looked more broad in the shoulders, and his hair was a little longer but still styled as a mullet. I hadn't realized I started crying, I let myself sink onto the floor in front of him, he sat up and went to embrace me in a hug until I pushed him away.

       "Keith you idiot! Do you know how much loneliness and pain I experienced since you left?! And I vividly remember you telling me you'd visit! Un-fucking-belivable!" I glared at him but my vision was blurred because of the hot tears that poured out of my eyes.

       "__-______... I-I can explai-"

    "But oh, here I have been waiting, longing to see you again, dreaming about the day we'd see eachother after so long! Only to be meeting up, one year later, when I'm in my pajamas! Not to mention that YOUR lion dragged ME out here to save YOUR ASS!" I huffed and crossed my arms, I couldn't stop crying.

       There was a silence that settled in between us, I glared angrily at him, his eyebrows were furrowed but his eyes were soft.

       "What if I make this reunion better?" He asked and I sniffled, disbelief crossing my features.

       "You can certainly try, but I'll have you kno- Mnph!" I was interuppted by his lips on mine, I was in a state of shock before kissing back. I had forgotten how passionate Keith could be when the kisses got heated, his teeth grazed my bottom lip, his hands ran up from my hips, up my stomach, and into my hair. I felt his tongue run along my lip, asking for entrance which I was quick to respond by granting it. By this point I was desperate for him, our bodies pressed up against eachother, fitting perfectly like a puzzle.

         My hands were entangled in his hair, my fingers twisting and pulling on his strands, making him growl lowly into the kiss. Before things could get better, the Red Lion let out another purr and we pulled away.

     "Sorry Red..." I smiled sheepishly while fixing my tousled hair. Keith let out a low chuckle.

     "I'm glad to see my girls getting along." Keith's face was tinted with pink while mine was probably flushed at this point. The Red Lion purred once more and we stood up, going back to the cockpit. Keith sat and took the controls, I sat on his lap, my arms wrapping themselves around his neck. He kissed my temple before setting the coordinates back to the castle.