Chapter Fourteen: Can You Guys Just Go?

No one spoke.

Well, not because it was awkward or anything. Like Bennett being richer than all of us combined time a hundred. Or him being the son of Raymond's dad's boss. Or even him being the sole heir to a multi-million corporation that changes lives. No, it was none of that.

No one spoke, because they were too busy eating.

"Dis ish sho goo!" Jordan groaned, with his mouth filled with badly chewed cinnamon buns and a cinnamon bun in each hand.

"What did he say?" I asked the others.

"He said, 'this is so good'," Bennett answered my question. That received it's well-earned questionable stares. He gave a small shrug, and answered the question all of us were wondering. "After knowing these two with no manners, you can understand what they say with food in their mouths."

Jordan snorted before swallowing his food correctly and saying, "Yeah, like that's one of the reasons why-"

"Ow!" Raymond suddenly exclaimed out of no where. He looked at Bennett with his jaw dropped. "You just kicked me."

"I know."

"Ow!" Jordan exclaimed too, dropping a cinnamon bun on the table. "You kicked me too."

"I know."

Either Bennett wanted to kick Jordan, but accidentally kicked Raymond instead and didn't care. Or he used this as an excuse to kick Raymond "accidentally" as he tried to kick Jordan. Either way, the plan is quite brilliant.

"So does everyone else enjoy the dessert?" my mom asked hopefully.

My mom baked the cinnamon buns just like I told her she should. The piping hot buns piled on everyone's plates. They were no bigger than a fist. All slathered with vanilla icing and cinnamon swirls. Just one bite of it's soft dough would make you melt.

"Is this some sort of trick question?" Raymond's dad asked.

That got a chuckle from everyone. 

"I've got some apple cider to help wash down this dessert in the kitchen," my dad told everyone.

Raymond took one last bite of his cinnamon bun and stood up. "I'll help you with that, Mr. Lorraine."

My dad smiled at him (I bit back a gag). "Why thank you, Raymond. Let's hurry up before everyone eats the rest of the buns."

Raymond nodded and headed inside the kitchen. My dad was about to head inside as well when I said something that made him stop short.

"Too late," I said as Jordan and I took the last two cinnamon buns in existence.

His jaw dropped. "That is going to come out of your allowance young lady!" My dad exclaimed playfully.

I stook out my tongue. "On what grounds?"

"The thievery of your mom's delicious dessert."

"Aw sweetie," my mom cooed.

He leaned next to my mom and gave her a kiss on the lips. I instantly looked away and didn't bother holding back a gag.

"Ugh, old people kissing," I groaned. "Get a room."

"We already do," my mom said. "This room, and our room, and your room, this whole house actually."

Raymond walked in holding the apple cider bottle and a stack of glasses. My mom was about to get up to serve the drinks, but Raymond held her back.

"Don't worry, Ms. Lorraine. You've done so much already for making this great dinner. The least I can do is pour in these drinks."

My mom feigned a gasp. "My, you can be such a sweetheart, Raymond."