4. Fever

Chloe's POV 
Several days went boring. Coming to the office doing work, setting his files, arranging his schedule and other stuff. Though I wouldn't ignore the fact that it's been peaceful enough. Obviously, who likes being in their boss' eyes all the time? Not me for sure.

Because all it does is gather trouble. I've been trying to get my own cabin as soon as possible but the renovation is yet to be completed. And being honest, I'm genuinely excited to see the new office. I took a little secret glimpse at the area yesterday before going home and all I can say is that I'm amazingly impressed. Even though the place is still incomplete, it's going to soon come out as exquisite.

Exquisite.

Another beautiful existence in the office is the owner himself. It feels he dresses up like he's modeling for some clothing brand, because he looks so expensive and elegant. Everyday he wears a different three piece suit and a matching watch. Sometimes he looks like a sculpture I would've to pay for just to look at him, not even exaggerating.

His expressionless face screams dominance and perfection. No wonder he is one of the most successful businessmen in the country. Not just in business but even in the glamour world, he's a known face. Celebrity friends and being a part of some very prominent fashion brands, he is not just famous but also respected.

I was going downstairs to make coffee for Mr. Valentino and on my way I met Austin. He walked towards my direction with his usual smile. Maybe it's the aura he has or a certain vibe he has, I just automatically feel happy around him.

After our so-called 'sugar' incident, we unexpectedly became good friends even though I can never forget that episode because he still teases me for it.

"Oye sugar!" He said in his usual cheerful voice.

"Morning." I said with a little smile as he started walking with me.

"You're going to make coffee?" He asked, looking at the mug in my hand.

"Yes. What about you? What are you up to?" I asked.

"Nothing much, the department manager had to leave for some work and now we all are just chilling." He said pointing towards the cafeteria where many people were sitting.

"Ahh, I see. This is why it's crowded." I said, raising my eyebrows while Austin kept the mug on the ledge putting coffee powder in it.

"Hmm. Well, how much of you should I add?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion wondering what he was trying to convey. "Huh? What?" I asked, tilting my head a little.

"I mean sugar. How much sugar?" He said, chuckling.

"That was so cringe." I said, giving an unimpressed look, shaking my head.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He said with a defeated look on his face, making me laugh.

"And you still did it." I said as I laughed leaning backwards holding my mouth.

"Yes, I tried playing my card, okay?" He said, defending himself as he smiled too.

"It didn't work." I said, as I moved my fingers towards the mug but Austin held my wrist in between looking into my eyes. It was only then, when I realized that our faces weren't too far from each other's.

A sudden rush in my stomach and a weird feeling of goosebumps rising all over my skin, weren't helping me cope up with this close proximity from this handsome young man. His lips curved up in a smile as if he knew the effect of his sudden activity on me. I gulped, moving my hand away from the mug. Clearing my throat, I looked around trying to hide my heated ears and tomato cheeks.