Growth

Before you start, just want to let you know this imagine is all over the place it seems. I knew what I wanted to write but it didn't come out the way I was imagining it. My longest imagine yet. You can tell me when you're done if you would like a part two!

-

"Everyone welcome your student-body president, Keith Powers." Dean Robyn said into the microphone. The sound of claps echoed all around the medium sized room that was packed with half of the student-body.

Keith walked to the podium with a big smile on face, shaking hands with Dean Robyn he looked out into the crowd scanning everyone's face with his dark eyes quickly. His long eyelashes softly brushed under his eyes while he blinked before licking his lips getting ready to speak.

You are in quite a pickle when it comes to Keith Powers. You were checking for him but he wasn't checking for you. In other words, he wasn't checking for black girls at all. Looking behind him, you spotted his girlfriend, Dove and her brunette hair. Giving your attention back to him you started to analyze his features.

His diamond shaped head with the smoothest chocolate skin in your opinion. He has a jaw-line that could chisel granite and freckles danced across his upper cheeks. His eyes were black in a dim lite room but when he's outside and the sun is shining on his face, his eyes become an orangish-brown with little specs of light brown which you like to call gold, scattered around his eyes. To you, he has the best arched eyebrows. They're so full, long, and straight. You envied them to be honest. Full kissable lips and a hairline that LeBron James wished he had.

He's tall with an athletic build. When he walks in a room, he stands tall with certitude. Whenever he walks in a room, he fills the room just by his outfit. Keith has the style of a guy that is going to go far in life.

"Those are the changes I plan to make very soon." He smiled stepping back from the podium. Grabbing Dove's hand, they walked off stage to let Dean Robyn close the pep rally.

"That boy is too fine." Your friend Keisha said putting her bag over her shoulder. Keisha is a Puerto Rican girl you met your freshman year. "Just too bad he doesn't fuck with brown." She laughed standing up waiting for you. Keisha is an Afro-Latina. She's not the type that bashes black women or black people in general and make it seem like she's anything but black then turn around and say nigga. She's Tessa Thompson instead of Zoe Saldana.

You attend Fenty University. College funded by singer Rihanna years ago. Finally getting up, you got your bag and followed Keisha out the lecture hall. "Tryna go to Sweet Green?" She asked looking through her phone. You two just started eating healthy recently and that's the go-to spot. "Sure." You replied pulling your phone out to send a quick snap to your streaks. Looking to your right, you did a double take when you see Keith and Dove having what seems to be a heated discussion.

"Oh, my fuck!" You heard Keisha say in front of you. "What?" You asked walking quicker. "Look at this." She said shoving her phone in your head.

"KeithTPowers: Black girls want to be treated with respect but act like wild monkeys..."

"You see what he tweeted before the pep rally?" Giving Keisha her phone back you looked back at him to find him gone but Dove standing in the same spot. "I can't believe him," You said shaking your head. "He's making it seem like his momma and sisters aren't black. Self-hating coon ass." You ranted crossing the street to head to your car.

"I'm going to tell him to write that tweet down and give it to his mom and little sisters so he can know what they think about it." She said opening the passenger door putting her bag on the backseat along with you.