Double Encounter

On the Friday evening, I arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House. I was standing outside the large, wooden door, apprehensive and nervous. I fiddled distractedly with the corner of my red leather jacket, whilst pacing outside momentarily to decide what to do. Eventually however, I knocked.

Thankfully, it was Stefan who opened the door after a few moments. I still stood outside, waiting and listening. If Damon was here I shouldn't stay. I was fairly certain he had no idea that I was in Mystic Falls, I wasn't ready for that to change.
"He's out, don't worry" he said comfortingly, clearly noticing the look on my face. I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Although, you should probably talk to him sooner or later if you're sticking around". I screwed up my face at that part.
"If I saw him now, I would probably rip his head from his shoulders" I said dryly, walking past him into the hallway. "As if he would care if he saw me anyway, haven't heard a peep since 1864" the bitterness in my voice was evident as I made my way into the parlour, flinging myself down onto the sofas.
"I know you've, uh, seen him at least once, Grace" he paused, crossing his arms over his chest. "Y'know... If you were going to kill him, you would have by now" He pointed out. "And besides, you left him, you told me" He said, his tone becoming more and more serious. Always the voice of reason. "Look, he hasn't said anything to me, but the compulsion must have broken when he turned". I looked up at Stefan then. He did have a point. "He must've been conflicted, he would have only remembered when..." his voice trailed off.
"...When he was heartbroken over Katerina" I finished for him. I paused for a moment. He had a point, one heartbreak is one too many. Damon went through two at once.

I realised that I had been staring blankly, deep in thought for several minutes. Damon was too much to think about or deal with currently. My anger at him for murdering my friend was still fresh, pure as gold. I sat up with my legs crossed on the sofa, smirking at Stefan knowingly.
"Okay, new topic" I paused, Stefan raised his eyebrows quizzically. "You and Elena?" I teased questioningly. At this, Stefan looked down and smiled.
"I, Uh, yeah..." He began, bashful yet genuinely happy. Considering the last time I saw him, this was good. My mind flashes back suddenly to the streets of Chicago, the blood and the shouting, before I'm pulled back to reality. Stefan was still smiling to himself. This was good.
"You love her..." I smiled sadly, knowing the feeling all too well. Stefan catches my eye, full of understanding as ever. "...don't you?".
"I do" he said simply, grinning back at me reassuringly.
"I'm glad, better than Katherine any day" I said, smirking, before gesturing with my hands. I raised a finger to my mouth and made a gagging sound, making Stefan laugh and shake his head at me.

"What about that bitch?"

I froze instantly.

I could hear the figure behind me stepping forward... Shit.

Despite the history between me and Damon, I knew that he couldn't get away with what he had done to Lexi. Stefan had had time. They were brothers. Me however, I was a Mikaelson. Anger was something that burned brightly in my families blood.
I glanced to Stefan. Panic and blind rage consuming me. He avoided my gaze... Which could only mean one thing. He planned this. Shit. I'm going to kill him.

Before the silence extended further, I whipped around to face him, standing up from the sofa.
"You" I began, voice filled with rage. Damon raised an eyebrow, evidently confused as he pointed to his own face quizzically, confirming the direction of my anger. I sped over to him before he could react further, pinning him to the nearest wall as my hands wrapped around his throat. "How could you?" I started, tears forming in my eyes. "I was willing to move on from everything else that happened but this is too far, Damon" I screamed at him, no longer caring.
"Who-" he managed to choke out in response. Stefan rushed forward, I barley registered him pleading my name, asking me to stop.
"You killed Lexi, you selfish bastard!" I cried, my grip weakening as the reality of my own words sunk in. My head fell forward pathetically, barley an inch from Damon's chest.
"Pleasure to meet you too, It was Grace wasn't it?" he responded snarkily, his voice still raspy despite my weakened grip.