Heartbeat

The day of the zoo commercial shooting

Irene's point of view

We arrived at the Zoo, It's okay for me to see animals from a far but being close to them is another story.  As usual, Seulgi was beside me being an ice cold bodyguard.  Do that all you want. I bet you won't be able to maintain your composure once you remembered that night. It felt so unfair that it was just me recovering that memory. I don't even know what to say and feel about that night. Half of me want her to remember but the other half of me just want her not to. I still can't believe that I did that.. THAT WE DID THAT!

"Yes it was a mistake..but...I don't regret it.." my mind keeps on messing up. I want to say what happened that night to her face but I was too embarrassed because it's me who initiated it and I don't want to admit that fact!

"You don't regret what?" Seulgi suddenly asked leaning close to me. To my surprise, I stepped back.

"You don't need to know" I hissed.

"If there's something bothering you, you can tell me especially if it's something that might put you in danger" here she goes again, saying warm words but with her cold face and tone but... she always sounds sincere though. I just nodded feeling her sincerity.

"Irene, I need you here for your hair and make-up" Wendy called out from a far. I went way to her direction.

After the hair and makeup was done, the shoot will start. I was positioned in the middle of trees and grasses looking like a mini forest to me. And there, the moment I will never be prepared for came, a staff was walking towards me carrying a snake. Damn! Of all animals! What a nice choice. He said that I should say my lines looking cool with the snake around me. He placed the snake around my neck. I can't control my fear and close my eyes looking dreadful of what's happening. But then I saw my guard looking at me, she staring at my eyes not even blinking as if she's sending signals to me. I didn't get what she's trying to say but because I have a high pride, I pulled myself up and swallowed my fears and pretended that I was okay and push through.

After some of the takes ended with the tiger and monkeys, I knelt down to the ground gasping for air trying to maintain myself for I was panicking this whole time but tried not to show it. Then I saw a can of cold soda in front of my face.

"Here" I looked at the person holding it and it's none other than my guard.

"Wae? Being caring all of a sudden?" I said sarcastically while taking the can of soda. She just stood there silently.

I got annoyed by how I always get a silent treatment from her so I decided to play a little trick. I shook the can aggressively but trying not to make it obvious.

"Ms. Kang, can you open this for me?" I said cutely to her. She took the can and was about to open it but stopped.

"Should I open it pointing it to you?" she said coldly pointing the opening of the can to me and gesturing of opening it, making it obvious that she knew what prank I was trying to do.

"No. Hmp!" I stopped her and walked away feeling annoyed at how good she was at countering me.

Third person's point of view

She walked away just like that not even thanking Seulgi for showing concern to her.

"Aish. I made an effort buying this but she just played with it" Seulgi complained to herself while looking at the can of soda. Seulgi just followed Irene to her last shoot to monitor her. The shoot ended and she immediately ran to her manager and hugged her.

"Good job, Irene" Wendy complimented.

"Yah. You better treat me somewhere nice later" She responded looking exhausted while hugging her manager.
"Yup. Surely I will, now go and get changed" Wendy instructed her. She happily obliged and went to her way. She was passing near a pile of water that leads to an aquarium. Irene was passing by but one of the crew went out of balance while carrying equipment and accidentally pushed Irene to the water.