Sokar

Your POV:

"Come on, let me in." I knock on the door gently. "Sokar, please." I heard the door unlock. It was opened by Ra, who was in the room with him. He had his mask removed.

"Can you help him? He won't sssnap out of it." He gives me worried look.

"I'll try." I enter their room.

Sokar had the blankets covering his head, while he was on the bed

Sokar had the blankets covering his head, while he was on the bed. I could hear sniffles coming from under the sheets. I sit on the bed and rest my hand where I figured his head was. I felt him flinch.

"Sokar, come out. Your face isn't that bad."

"Then why do they alwaysss ssstare at usss? Why do they call usss freaksss?"

"They didn't call you a freak, and they stare because you're unique. Being unique isn't bad. Most of the people out there tonight aren't even human. They don't care what you look like."

He removes the sheet that covered his head.

"Why can't we jussst be normal? You can change thingsss can't you?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then change usss to look normal!" He demands.

"No," I say firmly. The twins look at me in surprise. "I've turned a person into something else before. To them, it felt like they were killed millions of times. You could ask him yourself; he's here tonight. He was another being, while both of you are human. You would be far more sensitive, and I wouldn't want to hurt you like that."

He presses his head against my chest before starting to cry. I wrap my arms around him.

"You know, I always hated it when people cry." I run my fingers through his white hair. "It reminds me of all the times I was left on my own. You should be happy that you at least have your brother, Sokar. You should be happy that you were saved, that you no longer need to be forced to show your face. Instead of thinking of the bad things, you should always look on the bright side."

His sniffling stops, and he looks up at me. His eye was puffy from crying.

"Ssshe'sss right. What if we were ssstill left with Emory? What if we were ssstill real freaksss? We ssshould be happy that we're finally free from that." Ra takes a seat on the other side of Sokar.

"You're right." He wipes away his leftover tears.

"I guessssss I just had bad flassshbacksss."