38. The Choices We Make

3 weeks later...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've learned that you never realize how grateful you were until something is taken away from you. That being my mother. The guilt of the things you wish you could have said but didn't quite get the chance to, eats away at you. I just hoped the moon goddess would grant me the chance to speak with her again.

Rachel and Maci have been working on that dámn nursery for two weeks. Alex dipped out after day two, due to back pains. Something her and I could both relate to. I tried sneaking into the nursery more times then I'd like to admit. But of course, they made sure to put a lock on it before they left. They locked me out of a room in my own house!

But yet again, here I stand outside of the nursery, contemplating ways to get into the room. I was curious, and I hated surprises. Part of me was regretting not giving them much guidance on the nursery. There was no telling what those two would come up with.

"What are you doing?" I jumped as Titus's voice filled the hallway. I crossed my arms over my chest casually and turned to face him. "Nothing." He narrowed his eyes and shot me a half smile. "Trying to break into the Nursery again?"

I sighed. "Okay yes, but you can't tell me you aren't a little bit curious about what's behind this door." I said pointing to the white wooden door.

"I am, but I try not to think about it." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed.

This was exactly why I needed something to do. I always thought sitting at home and watching T.V. all day was a dream job. But once you begin to actually do it for a while, you get bored. And that was where I was at currently. I hated to say it, but I was seriously considering going back to my studies.

"Have lunch with me." I nodded and let him take hold of my hand, leading me down the stairs.

We sat at the square island located in the middle of the kitchen. Titus slid a tray of sliced turkey sandwiches and potato chips in between the both of us. Without hesitation, I reached for a sandwich and brought it to my mouth. "We should find something for me to do during the day," I said through mouthfuls.

"What do you want to do?" He said before he grabbed a handful of potato chips. "I don't know, something fun."

"I'm sure my mom could give you a list of things that need to be done around the pack."

My mouth dropped open. "Um..." He shifted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes. "It's time you started acting like a Luna."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." He shrugged his shoulders then bit into his sandwich. "Look, we'll talk more about this tonight. I have to go handle something." He said as he hurriedly grabbed another sandwich.

"Of course," I said as I rolled my eyes. He placed a quick kiss on my cheek. "I love you." I narrowed my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest. "You already know how I feel about you." He chuckled as he made his way towards the front door.

After lunch, I headed to my room. Grabbing my laptop, I sat on the bed and placed it in front of me. I searched for my brother's contact then dialed his number through FaceTime. He finally picked up on the fifth ring. He was in bed with his dark blue comforter wrapped securely around him. A few stray pieces of his curly blonde hair stuck out through the comforter. "Hey Brinn." He said sleepily.

"Dude it's the middle of the day and you're still asleep? That's my thing, not yours." He sighed, "Dad had us up late last night doing drills. He doesn't want another attack to happen, but he's going about it all wrong! If he'd just let us kill those fúckers we wouldn't all be on edge."