Part 2 Chapter 35

I may have gone through a portal between worlds twice put it in no way prepared me for the third trip. Especially, since the first two times, my body had done me the favor of knocking me out. I wasn't so lucky this time.

It was utterly terrifying. Blue lighting crackled all around me and it was absolutely blinding and burned my skin without actually burning it. I could feel my body being bent and stretched in odd and certainly uncomfortably impossible ways. Pretty sure a foot wasn't supposed to go in your ear and out your mouth and if it was, someone should change that because son of a banshee did it hurt! And let just say the channeling weapon that I was holding went into some uncomfortable places. But even worse, it felt like a game of tug of war was going on within my body. It was almost like the universes was trying to rip something from my body.

Then suddenly I had the sensation of being shoved through several layers of broken glass, and then I was face first in dirt and grass. I groaned and slowly pushed myself off the ground and onto my butt and looked around. The sky hung blue and bright above me with a scatter of clouds. A stray wind picked up my curls and gently tossed them around.

The pink shirt that Emily had lent me was utterly ruined. It was utterly caked in mud and had small little rips everywhere. The pants hadn't fair much better.

I was in some sort of park. I could tell this from the benches artfully placed here and there, as well as a playground set up a few feet away. The park was surrounded on all four sides by a road lined by buildings. On the road and in front of the building cars were scattered about and there was no one in sight. Some of the cars were parked neatly against the curb of the road, while others were crashed into various things like trees and um what were they called...oh yeah, mailboxes. One was even crashed through a large window of one of the building's front.

The sound of serval small distance explosions filled my ears and I stumbled to my feet. I knew what they were, they were gunshots. And look around but I couldn't find the source of them. Then, there was the sound of a loud frightened screaming coming from a man that was abruptly cut off, and then the scariest sound of all, silence.

I waited for the feeling of a soul leaving a body because surely what I heard was someone dying, but I felt nothing. Then I remembered Lacy's words about the soulless monsters I would have to fight. The souls weren't leaving because they were circling around a monster.

It was then I heard another sound and realized I wasn't alone. It was the sound of something being dragged across the ground. I looked and saw that serval feet away from me laid one of Arnold's doll. It had a nice clean split down its middle with on end lying on side of the small park and the other lying on the other end of the park. I watched while the bottom crawled towards the top which was lying near the playground.

Alright so I was sitting in a park, in a seemingly abandoned town, I had just heard screams and gunshots, and I was with one of Arnold's creepy dolls. Yep, just a typical day in the living world.

Well, it was time to search for everyone. They surely were scattered around this area. When Henry and I had got separated the first time I had accidentally crossed over, we had ended up only miles on apart. He had woken up in a middle of a field of cows two miles outside the town I had ended up in.

The doll's two ends finally connected and I watched it fuse together. Arnold's doll stood up quickly with surprising agility. I saw that it had the channeling weapon in its dried cracked clay hand. I was actually half surprised to see it moving at all. It had been a lucky guess that they would still be animated when they crossed over. I guess the channel weapons did really in fact channel the elements from our world and was therefore still channeling Arnold's powers.