Chapter 20.

Three days passed since I confronted Isiah, and we still haven't talked. He's still being scheduled at Java Beans, but not like before. I don't work with him anymore, and the way our schedule works is I leave before he shows up. He's only allowed to open when I'm not the one doing so, so most of his shifts are afternoon shifts. I haven't talked to him though, so I don't even know how he feels about this weeks schedule.

From what I heard from Detective Gonzalez is that Isiah did turn himself in, but he was obviously let go. Isiah was innocent, his only crime was that he kept this secret for too long. The detective did inform me that they were going to stop the search for the biological Dad, and that he was no longer the prime suspect. They've been looking for Sheila, but apparently she was no where to be found. She's they're main suspect now, and they are doing everything they can to find her.

As for me, I've been better. I've worked with Adam once, and that day was torture. I had to do my best to not mention anything that has happened in my life recently. I had to keep the whole Isiah thing a secret, because I didn't want people at work have an excuse to disrespect him. Also, I knew who Adam's missing brother was and I couldn't even tell him about that.

After the whole thing with Isiah happened, Eric and I still haven't talked about what I did. I think he's still processing, just how I was still processing everything with Isiah. We were both pretty distant with one another, but we were alert when it came to our daughter. It wasn't too hard avoiding one another. Usually we loved and we cherished our moments together. It always felt so hard getting alone time with him, so every minute we did get alone we loved.

These past three days have been different though. Every moment we got alone, just by ourselves was cherished. I didn't want to talk to Eric, and he didn't exactly want to talk to me. We would somewhat still communicate, and I knew he wasn't mad at me anymore. It was just different. When we did talk to one another, it was small talk. We usually never did small talk, our relationship wasn't like that anymore. I feel since we both had things to process, we needed that alone time without each other. I know we'll get through this. There isn't anything in this world that could come between Eric and I. The love we shared with one another was much stronger than that.

One afternoon, Eric came home. His attitude seemed to take a whole one eighty. He still looked upset, and probably stressed, but he looked a lot better since this morning. He was just coming back from a meeting with his Dad, so I was surprised he actually seemed this great. Usually after a meeting, he's more stressed. Those meetings just stress him out, telling him how he needs to run Java Beans, and all of them along with it. They tell him how profits need to go up, and how much money was gained or lost. These meetings were so frequent, just because if you cram everything in just one single meeting your brain might just melt off.

"I need to talk to you," Eric as he took a seat next to me on the couch.

I had Grace in my arms, she had just eaten and she fell asleep. I wasn't lazy to go upstairs and lay her down, I was just more comfortable with her here keeping me company. Since Eric and I weren't doing much talking these past days, Grace was the one person I talked to. Not only was I not talking to Eric, but I hadn't heard from Isiah or Charlotte either. I don't even know if Isiah was able to catch up with her that day. I hope he did, because they were honestly the perfect couple.

"We can talk, but about what?" I asked him.

There was a lot to talk about. We could talk about how Adam was his brother, or how Isiah is Hayden's father and now I don't know what's going to happen when we find Hayden. I'm not willing to be trading him off with Isiah. Hayden was my baby from the start, and just because I know the truth know doesn't mean we should share him.