26

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cardi

"Cardi you need to go home. You've been here ever since he been here." Chris told me. I yawned and stretched my back in the very uncomfortable chair. "I'm fine." I told him.

August's family went back to the hotel room and should be coming back today. Chris straight faced me. "I'm gonna be here until you come back.. Now go on." He told me grabbing me off the seat. "Thanks bro. I know you have your own problems and to be here with me says a lot."

He nodded his head, "Of course. I always got love fa' you." He told me and I smiled and started leaving. I finally arrived to the apartment and it was oddly quiet. I quickly hopped into the shower and the warmth of the water that ran down my body felt amazing.

After washing up and brushing my teeth, I went into my bed room and changed into comfortable clothing. I made sure to pack some extra clothing and important toiletries.

I went into the kitchen and started snacking on the food that was around the cabinets. Even though Chris was with August, I wanted to go back and tend to him so I got ready to go. As I opened the door, I saw a tall older man standing in front and he looked like he was about to knock on the door.

"Can I help you?" I asked looking at him weirdly and slowly closing the door behind me as I stepped out. "Does Brianna live here?" He asked me. "Why do you wanna know?"

"I'm her father." He told me and I could instantly compare their facial features that they shared. "And you're here because...?" I questioned. "I talked to her not a while back and I wanted to come back and check up on her." He replied.

"Well she isn't here right now so you can leave." I told him honestly. "Do you know when she will be back?" He budged. I shook my head no, "I'm sorry sir. I don't know when she will be back." I told him before walking away from the conversation.

--

I walked into August's hospital room and I saw Chris on his phone typing furiously. "Hey." I said as I walking slowly into the room. Chris shot his head up, "Wassup sis. I'm texting niggas about ole' dude that got Brianna. I'm gon' head out, you all good?" He asked me.

I nodded my head, "Don't worry about me, go get ha'." I told him and he nodded his head before rushing out. I dropped my bags on top of the chair and pulled another chair and sat besides August's bed.

I held onto his hand and used the remote to watch some television. The show was on Bad Girls Club and I just decided to watch it to entertain myself. I watched a girl mix a lot of things in a black pan. She started running upstairs, "Who's hungry?" She asked while holding the pan and walking into a room.

"Priscilla, you put that on my picture?" Priscilla nodded her head in the bed. "You did? Are you hungry?" The girl continued to ask walking closer to the bed. She then flipped the pan of food at her. "I served you breakfast in bed!" The girl continued to scream.

A second later, Priscilla jumps out the bed and chases the girl and starts beating her down. "I'm going to kill you bitch!" She screamed.

"Wha' typa' nonsense you watchin'." I heard a familiar voice speak and I could have sworn it sounded like August. I didn't pay attention to it and continue to look at the television. "Am I invisible or sum'n?" The voice said again.

I looked over at August and he was indeed wide awake. My eyes jumped out of my eyes, "You're awake..." I said slowly getting up from the chair and pointing at him. "Inda' flesh baybeh." He smiled with his arms wide open.

"Babe!" I screamed and jumped into his arms and started sobbing. "Ah shit." He grunted. "Sorry." I said wiping the tears from my eyes, remembering that his left shoulder was probably in a lot of pain.